Lady Vols soccer Thursday night vs Georgia's Lady Bulldogs.

StrangeVol

This should be an interesting and I think a very competitive match. Georgia can score multiple goals against average defenses if given a chance. Against a stiff defense such as ours, not so much. We, on the other hand, have a very hard time scoring against even decent defenses. So, where will we get goals?

Help may have arrived as our current SEC Freshman of the Week Isa Cook is becoming a legitimate threat. Against Kentucky on Sunday she scored the winning goal and gave an assist to MA Vignola on her goal. Now if we could just get Erin back, we'd have an offense that could cause serious problems for our future opponents. At least we have Katie back in the middle and that makes a big difference in our offensive flow. I expect to see Katie on the pitch for the majority of Thursday's match.

Our defense has been nothing short of stellar and last match we allowed no (that's a big fat zero) shots on goal. Lindsey Romig could have taken a nap, literally. Speaking of Lindsey, there is a photo of her on the Soccer home page that shows what an attractive young lady she is. Check it out here: Soccer Central: Georgia - University of Tennessee Athletics

This is a match I'd love to win, and I think we have a better than even chance at Regal. By the way, I always seem to forget to remind everyone that admission for regular-season matches is free. In addition, there are usually several promotions going on at the stadium, especially for the younger set, and that is again the case Thursday.

Great team, nice weather and you get in free...what's not to like? ;)

Two hours 'til match time...still time to make it to Regal Soccer Stadium...that is if you live fairly close to Knoxvegas... ;)

Reactions: MAD
This should be an interesting and I think a very competitive match. Georgia can score multiple goals against average defenses if given a chance. Against a stiff defense such as ours, not so much. We, on the other hand, have a very hard time scoring against even decent defenses. So, where will we get goals?

Help may have arrived as our current SEC Freshman of the Week Isa Cook is becoming a legitimate threat. Against Kentucky on Sunday she scored the winning goal and gave an assist to MA Vignola on her goal. Now if we could just get Erin back, we'd have an offense that could cause serious problems for our future opponents. At least we have Katie back in the middle and that makes a big difference in our offensive flow. I expect to see Katie on the pitch for the majority of Thursday's match.

Our defense has been nothing short of stellar and last match we allowed no (that's a big fat zero) shots on goal. Lindsey Romig could have taken a nap, literally. Speaking of Lindsey, there is a photo of her on the Soccer home page that shows what an attractive young lady she is. Check it out here: Soccer Central: Georgia - University of Tennessee Athletics

This is a match I'd love to win, and I think we have a better than even chance at Regal. By the way, I always seem to forget to remind everyone that admission for regular-season matches is free. In addition, there are usually several promotions going on at the stadium, especially for the younger set, and that is again the case Thursday.

Great team, nice weather and you get in free...what's not to like? ;)
FOR SURE!!!!! Back in my day she would have been called a Fox ! Look at the roster picture and I see a den full of Foxes!!!

So Brian Pensky couldn’t find even one woman he considered worth hiring as one of his three assistants? Now I understand why he doesn’t want his team to wear the Lady Vol logo. :(

Reactions: ruvol
So Brian Pensky couldn’t find even one woman he considered worth hiring as one of his three assistants? Now I understand why he doesn’t want his team to wear the Lady Vol logo. :(
I think all those assistants have been with Pensky for a while. I also think it is a disgrace to not call them LVs after all that has been done to kick the former AD who hated Pat to the side. It is Fulmers job to correct that with Pensky!

A good if a bit uncomfortable win. Judging by the way other teams are playing so physical against us it's clear to me that they are trying to intimidate some of our younger players. I thought Georgia's display of unnecessary roughness was very disappointing, to say the least. I like aggressive but I'm pretty put off by what I consider dirty play. It was good to see Maya giving a little payback at midfield. A win is a win and we needed those points. Now let's see if we can get some more off of Mizzou 'cause after that our schedule gets pretty rough.

With tonights win we move up into a 3-way tie for 7th place. So at this point, we are in a good position to make it to Orange Beach.

We still need to find some offense. Winni ng 1 - 0 on a Penalty Kick is not very comforting.

Last edited:
I think UT has hired the Rod Delmonico of soccer. Has a good team that can compete conference & national every 4 years

Pensky has won more than Angela Kelly whom he replaced seven year ago. Pensky was 81-43-24 and Kelly was 74-48-19 through 2018 at texas. He came from Maryland where his team was the Number 1 seed in the tourney. Most soccer people really like Kelly but she ran to the burnt orange ut. I am sure there are better coaches out there than both but I don't know who we could get myself! The Memphis coach comes to mind but playing in the SEC and what ever texas is has to be tougher than the league they play in.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back