Lady Vols Soccer team desperately needs goals!!!!!

StrangeVol

In the first three SEC matches of the season, we have scored just one goal in over three hundred minutes of competition. Take a moment to let that soak in. That's huge and the worst part is that there is no clear end in sight. Our offense is clearly wounded with the loss of both Erin Gilroy and Katie Cousins. At this point, I'm unclear about when Erin will return to competition.

Adding to Erin's absence is the loss of Katie in the midfield, which has had a major impact on our offense. The good news is that it looks like Katie is on the way back and likely will be available for limited minutes in our next match. At least I hope she is as she is central to our offense building attacks from the back. Without her, we've elected to play a more direct style with long passes over the top which can produce goals but is pretty easy to defend if that is all you are doing.

In short...we NEED to score if we have any hope of getting onto the winning track.

Sunday at 3:00 p.m. we take on Kentucky at Regal Soccer Stadium and we'll have a real chance to grab a good result. Kentucky is on a 5 match losing streak and is 0 for 3 in the SEC. I probably should mention that we are on a 3 match losing streak, as well. They've been outscored 10 to 3 in their three SEC matches, but they have scored 1 goal in each of those matches.

It's clear that something has to give. Will it be them or us? Your guess is as good as mine. I've got my fingers crossed! :)

In the first three SEC matches of the season, we have scored just one goal in over three hundred minutes of competition. Take a moment to let that soak in. That's huge and the worst part is that there is no clear end in sight. Our offense is clearly wounded with the loss of both Erin Gilroy and Katie Cousins. At this point, I'm unclear about when Erin will return to competition.

Adding to Erin's absence is the loss of Katie in the midfield, which has had a major impact on our offense. The good news is that it looks like Katie is on the way back and likely will be available for limited minutes in our next match. At least I hope she is as she is central to our offense building attacks from the back. Without her, we've elected to play a more direct style with long passes over the top which can produce goals but is pretty easy to defend if that is all you are doing.

In short...we NEED to score if we have any hope of getting onto the winning track.

Sunday at 3:00 p.m. we take on Kentucky at Regal Soccer Stadium and we'll have a real chance to grab a good result. Kentucky is on a 5 match losing streak and is 0 for 3 in the SEC. I probably should mention that we are on a 3 match losing streak, as well. They've been outscored 10 to 3 in their three SEC matches, but they have scored 1 goal in each of those matches.

It's clear that something has to give. Will it be them or us? Your guess is as good as mine. I've got my fingers crossed! :)
Love your write up on the soccer team.

Maybe Brian Pensky should let the team wear the Lady Vol logo for a boost in mojo. Seems to me like the program lost something when they became “the Vols” soccer team.

Is Pensky embarrassed by the Lady Vols logo or something?

yep SV...it's a tough season...chemistry...we just don't have it yet, and yes the injury bug too...I know these women are better than this but two dang good players out and the leadership they offered is huge...just hope the team can come together pretty quickly...still games to play...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

It's time to get back to the business of winning. 3:00 is a great time to start!

Go Lady Vols!!!!

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back