Lady Vols Soccer is a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament

StrangeVol

Our first match is Friday, 11/9, @ 5:00 pm when we host Louisville in the first round. I hope the Ladies are rested and ready to play as Louisville will be highly motivated to prove their detractors wrong. Broadcast coverage has not been announced as of this afternoon 11/6.

Our #2 seeding is the highest in program history for the Lady Vols and it's the second year in a row we are hosting in round one.

Tickets are available, $10 for adults and $5 for children. High likelihood of rain all day Friday :(

Saturday looks pretty good though, as does Sunday if the rain persists.

Reactions: RollerVol
good stuff...color me totally surprised with a No. 2 seed...sure didn't see that coming...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

good stuff...color me totally surprised with a No. 2 seed...sure didn't see that coming...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

I was a little surprised as well, but I'll take it.

Our good fortune may not end there as our path to the semi-finals is not that difficult. I expect to meet Arizona (#29 ranked) in round two, followed by our old pals from Texas A&M (10th ranked) in round three. Should we beat them for the second time in three weeks we'll run into #1 seed Stanford in the semifinals, which will likely be the end of our road, but not for sure.

It looks to me that we could have a very good run if we can get by A&M. You know they are still smarting from the 4 goal/6minute blitz we put on them in College Station, but I still like our chances.

So lets see what our girls can get done in the big dance. :)

more good stuff...thanks...yep, sure wished Gilroy was playing...soccer can be a strange game...ebbs and flows...just never know what's gonna happen...I luv it...:D

GO LADY VOLS...BEAT EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: sccshortstop
that is so cool...love to see us push the "other" sports...we've got Vols repping for us in every Vol sport...good stuff...;)

GO LADY VOLS...EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a big part of the reason I started posting here. I wanted to give greater recognition to other sports that are underappreciated and are doing great things in their respective sports. It's a shame more folks don't go out and watch our ladies compete (outside of basketball) and support them for all the hard work they put in.

I think some of the lack of interest in sports like soccer and volleyball is due to a lack of fan knowledge about those sports. There is a LOT going on on the soccer pitch or volleyball court that we never learned in physical education in high school, and for old guys like us Roller, soccer was a total mystery when it first started becoming "a thing," as they say. What got me interested was the visual beauty and flow of the game when it's played by top-notch sides. I'm still searching to find a good site from which we can all learn more about "the beautiful game" so if you know of one, post it.

Volleyball is just fast and fun to watch. The agility of the players and the way they happily throw themselves on the floor to get a "dig" really shows how intense this sport can be when played by two well-matched teams. That is why I posted the link for learning about modern volleyball, and yes I actually understand what the Libero does and why the position was created. I had to study to learn about it and that in itself was fun.

Oh well, I seem to be babbling at the moment so I'll stop typing now.

7 min to go in 1st half and getting outplayed across the field. We are waiting on Bunny to score.

We have a habit of doing that. It's not only the team but the coach that puts it all on Bunny...as if the other team isn't aware of who our "go to" girl is.

Man, I hope Anna Bialczak is not seriously hurt. Her plus Gilroy would be devastating losses.

7 min to go in 1st half and getting outplayed across the field. We are waiting on Bunny to score.
I caught about the last 10 mins of the 1st half and can’t remember even seeing Bunny get close to the ball.
Also, seems rather dark, guess it’s that time of year. Still was sunny down here in Florida.

I caught about the last 10 mins of the 1st half and can’t remember even seeing Bunny get close to the ball.
Also, seems rather dark, guess it’s that time of year. Still was sunny down here in Florida.

It's heavily overcast and misting a little bit, so with that and the earlier sundown it is getting quite dark.

It's heavily overcast and misting a little bit, so with that and the earlier sundown it is getting quite dark.

Anyone see the Louisville goal? Can you tell me what happened?
our defense just didn't get back, again...a one on one about 10 feet in front of the net...but a good shot too, though...also, still don't think Bunny is 100%...maybe we can get some of that 2nd half magic going...hope so...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

our defense just didn't get back, again...a one on one about 10 feet in front of the net...but a good shot too, though...also, still don't think Bunny is 100%...maybe we can get some of that 2nd half magic going...hope so...and,

GO LADY VOLS!
Thanks RollerVol

30 min to go and we cant get it into the back of the net. It appears to me we do not have much quality dept! JMHO

We have 25 minutes left to try to score a goal to prevent an early exit in the tournament.

VN Store

Back