Lady Vols Soccer and Volleyball take tumbles in the polls.

StrangeVol

Our Volleyball team dropped well out of the top 25. With a record of 2 & 3, it's not much of a surprise. Two losses to Illinois (who got beaten twice this weekend) and a loss to unranked Cincinnati, in a match that never was close, pretty much sealed our fate. I personally think we should get extra credit for that come from behind win against Michigan State last Saturday, but the voters didn't agree it seems.

Too early to get really worried it's still a couple of weeks until SEC play begins. The team shows signs of gelling so I think we'll be okay. :)

Soccer fared much better. although we did drop. In the NCAA poll we are ranked 20th. Top Drawer Soccer (TDS) has us at 14th. We're 5 & 1 with our only loss going to Rutgers on their home pitch. They're ranked 13th, in TDS, just above us. In the NCAA poll Rutgers is ranked beneath us at 21st. I bet that chaps the Rutgers girls a bit. :)

We seem to be sorting things out although we don't have a go-to scorer at this point, but we have several candidates that might fill that role. Or we may just score by committee this season although I believe a scorer or two will emerge. At this point, our defense is our calling card. We don't give up many shots on goal having allowed only 15 through 6 matches.

In any event, the SEC season is just ahead with our first match on the road against Vandy which is ranked 8th and 9th in the two polls. Tough test to open the SEC, but then when is Vandy not a challenge to a UT team?

GO LADY VOLS! :)

It doesn't get any easier for the VB team. The Lady Vols play in Baylor's Invitational this weekend. Baylor is undefeated at 5-0. It has beaten #4 Wisconsin, #11 Marquette, #18 Creighton, UCLA, and Syracuse. All wins have been on the road or on neutral courts, and they have lost only one set in 5 matches! :oops:

The Lady Vols open with Houston on Friday.

It doesn't get any easier for the VB team. The Lady Vols play in Baylor's Invitational this weekend. Baylor is undefeated at 5-0. It has beaten #4 Wisconsin, #11 Marquette, #18 Creighton, UCLA, and Syracuse. All wins have been on the road or on neutral courts, and they have lost only one set in 5 matches! :oops:

o_O

Reactions: Smallvol#1

Yep, that's going to a real challenge, We'll see how we stack up. :)

Reactions: RollerVol
Our Volleyball team dropped well out of the top 25. With a record of 2 & 3, it's not much of a surprise. Two losses to Illinois (who got beaten twice this weekend) and a loss to unranked Cincinnati, in a match that never was close, pretty much sealed our fate. I personally think we should get extra credit for that come from behind win against Michigan State last Saturday, but the voters didn't agree it seems.

Too early to get really worried it's still a couple of weeks until SEC play begins. The team shows signs of gelling so I think we'll be okay. :)

Soccer fared much better. although we did drop. In the NCAA poll we are ranked 20th. Top Drawer Soccer (TDS) has us at 14th. We're 5 & 1 with our only loss going to Rutgers on their home pitch. They're ranked 13th, in TDS, just above us. In the NCAA poll Rutgers is ranked beneath us at 21st. I bet that chaps the Rutgers girls a bit. :)

We seem to be sorting things out although we don't have a go-to scorer at this point, but we have several candidates that might fill that role. Or we may just score by committee this season although I believe a scorer or two will emerge. At this point, our defense is our calling card. We don't give up many shots on goal having allowed only 15 through 6 matches.

In any event, the SEC season is just ahead with our first match on the road against Vandy which is ranked 8th and 9th in the two polls. Tough test to open the SEC, but then when is Vandy not a challenge to a UT team?

GO LADY VOLS! :)
One thing I like about both soccer and volleyball--they're both playoff types of sports. Peaking at the right time is more important than early results. I have a feeling both teams will grow throughout the season.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back