Lady Vols-Rutgers Game Thread

I posted it in its on thread, but I would like comments so anyone who sees it here feel free to fire away.

Think Pink?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand it is for breast Cancer awareness, but to promote this by passing out Pink T'shirts for the crowd to wear, when the Opponent is wearing an all Pink Uniform. Are you kidding me? If it is being promoted on our court and we are encouraging people to wear pink to the game, We should be the one wearing Pink Uni's not the Opponent!

Agree or Disagree?

Good Cause but something wrong when our fans are wearing the colors of the Opponent!

Look at it as stealing their thunder.

I don't know if there are NCAA issues about wearing your whites at home, or simply that Rutgers made the gesture to wear it 1st & we were too classy to object.

Regardless, by passing out the t-shirts- if you want to take the cynical gamesmanship view about why we did- we keep them from being the 'moral superiors' and reduce their unis to an overall group demonstration and not a Rutgers one.

Especially if Pearl paints his belly.

Anybody know whether it was Auguste's 'shooting arm'/ favored arm that has the biceps-shoulder strain?

Good Point Memphis, but personally I as a fan have a hard time dealing with our fans wearing the opponents colors. That is just me.

Lady Vols looking like the Lady Vols

UT 19
Rutgers 10

I wish I could be at this game myself, but I live in the Twin- Cities Now. Spreading the Orange in MN. Go Vols!

What I was thinking was that by passing out the t-shirt, we made them not Rutger's colors, and more like they were dressing up for our charity-party

I've had to be in and out- are there any signs of Parker's knee tiring/ inflaming with use yet?

My big worry wasn't that she could start, but that Rutgers (who have a knack for come-backs) would be able to stick close enough to take advantage if we started needing to periodically bench her later in the game to spare her knee.

For that matter, has Auguste been in yet?

I've had to be in and out- are there any signs of Parker's knee tiring/ inflaming with use yet?

My big worry wasn't that she could start, but that Rutgers (who have a knack for come-backs) would be able to stick close enough to take advantage if we started needing to periodically bench her later in the game to spare her knee.

For that matter, has Auguste been in yet?

She doesn't look full speed. But not looking crippled by any means.

Yes, Auguste has been in.

VN Store

Back