Lady Vols Nonconference Schedule...ideal?

Pat4life

Who would like to see us develop a series with, to play each year? Who would the Lady Vols play in your 13 game non conference schedule? Rules: two programs from each power 5 conferences?

ACC

Notre Dame
UNC or FSU

Pac -10

Stanford
OSU or UO

Big 12:

Texas
OSU

Big 10:

Minnesota
OSU

Big East:

Marquette
DePaul

Uconn

Three teams from Tennessee:

MTSU and one (rotating)

13 games.

Is that too ambitious?

Reactions: RollerVol
First I would never select a team from the Big East
But my list of 13 would be;
ACC
Notre Dame
Louisville
Duke
North Carolina

Pac -12
Stanford
USC or UCLA or CAL (I would rotate them every 2 years)
Oregon or Oregon State (I would rotate them every two years)

Big 12:
Texas
Baylor or Oklahoma (I would rotate every two years)

Big 10:
Rutgers
Maryland

AAC:
UConn

Teams from Tennessee:
MTSU or Memphis (rotating every 2 years)

May not be reasonable but the teams above are who I’d schedule, I know some teams we wont (Maryland and Louisville) and some teams wont schedule us (Oregon, North Carolina, and Rutgers) and some teams will only schedule us when they feel they will beat us (Baylor and Duke)

Reactions: Pat4life
ACC

We play ND
FSU or Miami

Big 12

We play Texas
WVU

Big 10

MD
Iowa

PAC 12

We play Stanford
OSU

UConn will be on there

Midmajor

Drake
Gonzaga or Greenbay

TN teams

MTSU
Rotate between UTC or UTM

My reasoning behind this schedule is to face all different styles of teams. Some spread you out, some are athletic, some are just good overall, some have really good systematic guard play, while others anybody can knock down the three. With the TN teams I would just have two on the schedule every year because it is great to have those instate games.

Also I think I have prettt much covered all the regions for exposure and for recruits to get to see LVs in person. I would want these to be a home and home series (some already are).

Reactions: Pat4life
Yeah I would like to develop new rivalries with at least three more programs, to have 6 or 7 quality nonconference games, young team I get it but going forward I would like see the schedule return to Lady Vols standard.

First I would never select a team from the Big East
But my list of 13 would be;
ACC
Notre Dame
Louisville
Duke
North Carolina

Pac -12
Stanford
USC or UCLA or CAL (I would rotate them every 2 years)
Oregon or Oregon State (I would rotate them every two years)

Big 12:
Texas
Baylor or Oklahoma (I would rotate every two years)

Big 10:
Rutgers
Maryland

AAC:
UConn

Teams from Tennessee:
MTSU or Memphis (rotating every 2 years)

May not be reasonable but the teams above are who I’d schedule, I know some teams we wont (Maryland and Louisville) and some teams wont schedule us (Oregon, North Carolina, and Rutgers) and some teams will only schedule us when they feel they will beat us (Baylor and Duke)

Who would you like to develop a rivalry with, which teams? If you could pick seven.

ACC

We play ND
FSU or Miami

Big 12

We play Texas
WVU

Big 10

MD
Iowa

PAC 12

We play Stanford
OSU

UConn will be on there

Midmajor

Drake
Gonzaga or Greenbay

TN teams

MTSU
Rotate between UTC or UTM

My reasoning behind this schedule is to face all different styles of teams. Some spread you out, some are athletic, some are just good overall, some have really good systematic guard play, while others anybody can knock down the three. With the TN teams I would just have two on the schedule every year because it is great to have those instate games.

Also I think I have prettt much covered all the regions for exposure and for recruits to get to see LVs in person. I would want these to be a home and home series (some already are).

Who would you like to develop a rivalry with, which teams? If you could pick seven.

Would never agree to such a scheduling slate. If I did, I would just do a rotating by year.

OHst
ORst
Maryland

A few that come to mind as recurring opponents that could create a strong rivalry.

VN Store

Back