Lady Vols News: HOF Demoss at Vandy

Yes, mostly film and games. Its really breaking down each offensive possession, who took the shot, where they took the shot, did they make it, how long into the shot clock before shot clock taken, how many passes, strong side or weak side of the floor, did the ball touch the paint, sets vs man, sets vs zone, was it a higher percentage shot, offensive rebounding etc, its greats cos you have numbers to back it up, the analytics, and analytics usually are players, sets, game plan (adherence), rotation and play specific.

Usually they will be looking for trends over several games, or the season, as well as, game by game which is usually within most scouts. Analytics can help a coach identify their team, or player or sets weaknesses and maximize her team's strengths. The analytics, the data helps back up Coach's teachings or words, especially for this younger generation. Melanie Malcomb had the same role during their Championship year.

Yes, it watching a lot of film!

Last edited:
Looks like Peck is leaving Vandy now to go back to TV. Her even being there other than being a former player seemed rather odd anyway considering the make up of the staff.

Reactions: feathersax
Looks like Peck is leaving Vandy now to go back to TV. Her even being there other than being a former player seemed rather odd anyway considering the make up of the staff.
Don't quite understand that statement. You do realize she coached for a long time right? Carolyn just wanted to help out one of her former players and friend. How is that odd?

Not good for LV team. No secret that Mickey & Hollie are on the outs.
Dang....what happened? I always liked Mickie and wished she would have succeeded Pat. I always thought she would. Very nice lady. I had the pleasure of talking to her many times while she was at Kentucky as she recruited 3 of my players. Kentucky didn’t get all the players they wanted but she and Niya Butts were relentless recruiters...they both had a way of relating to the players and mine really loved them both, especially Mickie.

Can’t help but wonder what could have been had she been Pat’s successor (no disrespect to Holly).

Reactions: feathersax
she'll be looking for a new job in a year after White is fired, mark it down!

she'll be looking for a new job in a year after White is fired, mark it down!
Makes me wonder why MD was not hired for the assistant job that Peck had. I though I remembered that MD said when she left LSU she was taking some time away from basketball. I actually don't think White gets fired after this year unless it is more of a total failure than past years. JMHO!

VN Store

Back