Lady Vols get top 09 commit

LadyVols#1Fan

6'1 guard Taber Spani (rated #13 by Hoopgurlz.com) has committed after her official visit...

Spani followed a recent in-home visit by Summitt by touring the campus over the weekend and came away impressed by the fans, the atmosphere and her future teammates.

“It’s about the amazing challenge of going to what’s arguably the best school in the country for women’s basketball,” said Spani, who can’t sign a letter of intent until November. “I wanted to play for the best, play with the best and play against the best.”

“I love how driven she is for excellence, and it shows with how much success she’s had,” Spani said of Summitt. “As amazing and successful as she is on the court, she is off the court, as well.

“She is so honest and straightforward and she sincerely cares about her players. I know when I go there, she’ll challenge me and make me better, and that’s what I’m looking for.”

www.kansascity.com | 09/22/2008 | Spani decides to play basketball at Tennessee

The 2010-2011 season could have 10 McDonald's All-Americans on the roster if Spani and Avant are selected:

2007-
Bjorklund
Cain
Baugh

2008-
Johnson
Gray
Stricklen
Brewer
Manning

2009-
Spani (rated #13 by Hoopgurlz.com)

2010-
Avant (rated #4 by Hoopgurlz.com)

Wow. Summit is impressive as always. Bruce Pearl is the man but I hope people don't forget who our original great basketball coach is. It's a wonderful thing to have 2 excellent basketball coaches that seem to feed off of each other's success.

Yall are gonna have to watch out for the gamecock women. Staley recently got #17 and #59 recruits in the nation and is among the favorites for the no.2 and no.5 player.

haha

The 2010-2011 season could have 10 McDonald's All-Americans on the roster if Spani and Avant are selected:

2007-
Bjorklund
Cain
Baugh

2008-
Johnson
Gray
Stricklen
Brewer
Manning

2009-
Spani (rated #13 by Hoopgurlz.com)

2010-
Avant (rated #4 by Hoopgurlz.com)

Okay, when's the next NC banner go up? 2009, 2010 or 2011? Go Lady Vols!:dance2:

VN Store

Back