Lady Vols fall short of UConn at point guard

Tell me one position where we have even a slight advantage

Maybe concessions?

I was trying to say some of these things in other threads. The Devine Miss E might find it hard to get into the game ? JMO
With Dangerfield and Williams both top players in their own right have some experience ahead of E playing UConn ball. And with others coming..... she may make a good substitute for them ? It will be interesting to see if she can take some Geno coaching and get on the floor ? She maybe better off if she has to sit next year? JMO

Small forward their all American is gone and didn’t have one in line next 😂 even if Megan Walker slides over there Rennia has proven to be the better all around player so far.

We both know they reload.

Tennessee has no business playing UCONN yet...

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
I was trying to say some of these things in other threads. The Devine Miss E might find it hard to get into the game ? JMO
With Dangerfield and Williams both top players in their own right have some experience ahead of E playing UConn ball. And with others coming..... she may make a good substitute for them ? It will be interesting to see if she can take some Geno coaching and get on the floor ? She maybe better off if she has to sit next year? JMO

She has experience too it’s just coaching I’m sure she’ll be fine as long as she does things the UConn way...

We both know they reload.

Tennessee has no business playing UCONN yet...

Yes they do... It’s for a GREAT cause a cause that goes above a bouncing ball. It’s a cause founded in the disease that took our beloved coach and so many others too soon. So if this can draw awareness to Alzheimer’s Disease (something that is currently affecting my family right now) I say through the ball up and let them play!

But to your point they have not yet reloaded at that spot so to answer your question small forward is where TN has the better player 😃 nor have they reloaded in the post.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
She has experience too it’s just coaching I’m sure she’ll be fine as long as she does things the UConn way...

Agree somewhat..... She has two years of playing point guard for Holly ...... Now she is going to get coached by Geno and this is a completely different scenario! No pat on the back for mistakes, but you are going to get chewed out and taken out of the game for poor performance....... And Everybody in the stands will be watching! Going to be some embarrassing moments and she is not used to this!!!! Not in her lifetime... always the main person . Always the point guard . I don’t think she will play point for Geno ? But now she is part of a TEAM and will be held accountable by her coach and her teammates!

This is going to be interesting. I wish her well with her decision.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
This reminds me of something I was thinking about after Westbrook announced her decision. Plenty of reporters and columnists will want to ask her to compare her experiences at Tennessee and Connecticut. How she responds, and what she chooses to say, (and how she acts when around Tennessee) is going to greatly inform me as to how I feel about her as a former player. Considering how vocal she was about the situation previously, I am understandably curious as to what we shall hear and see.

Yes they do... It’s for a GREAT cause a cause that goes above a bouncing ball. It’s a cause founded in the disease that took our beloved coach and so many others too soon. So if this can draw awareness to Alzheimer’s Disease (something that is currently affecting my family right now) I say through the ball up and let them play!

But to your point they have not yet reloaded at that spot so to answer your question small forward is where TN has the better player 😃 nor have they reloaded in the post.

To my defense I had no idea it was for a cause I thought it was a home/home.

Reactions: TennMan101
Agree somewhat..... She has two years of playing point guard for Holly ...... Now she is going to get coached by Geno and this is a completely different scenario! No pat on the back for mistakes, but you are going to get chewed out and taken out of the game for poor performance....... And Everybody in the stands will be watching! Going to be some embarrassing moments and she is not used to this!!!! Not in her lifetime... always the main person . Always the point guard . I don’t think she will play point for Geno ? But now she is part of a TEAM and will be held accountable by her coach and her teammates!

This is going to be interesting. I wish her well with her decision.

You are correct. No easy way anymore but If she has any dream of playing at the next level she’ll fall in line. I’m sure the leaders will put her in her place

To my defense I had no idea it was for a cause I thought it was a home/home.

Yes it is a home and home for 2 years to be played during we back pat week and proceeds (I can’t remember how much) go towards pats foundation😃

Holly and Geno made it clear that’s why the game is being played. Not just to add them to each other’s schedule. Now Kellie would look crazy to say to the hall of fame we aren’t playing this game especially during we back pat week 😃

I can understand you not knowing but other people saying the game shouldn’t be played because they are light years ahead I just shake my head at because the game is being played for a cause a great one at that.

I am glad I could inform you some about the two year series. Here is a link about it

UConn, Lady Vols to renew rivalry in 2020

Yes it is a home and home for 2 years to be played during we back pat week and proceeds (I can’t remember how much) go towards pats foundation😃

Holly and Geno made it clear that’s why the game is being played. Not just to add them to each other’s schedule. Now Kellie would look crazy to say to the hall of fame we aren’t playing this game especially during we back pat week 😃

I can understand you not knowing but other people saying the game shouldn’t be played because they are light years ahead I just shake my head at because the game is being played for a cause a great one at that.

I am glad I could inform you some about the two year series. Here is a link about it

I’m all for playing the best of the best. That being said I’m not for Tennessee getting embarrassed. Ever.

Reactions: TennMan101
Like I’ve said many times before Tennessee finally has a teacher of the game. She’s active in practice and well spoken at Pressers. We’ll see if that converts over to Ws but it’s a good start

All in on great causes, but unless Kellie is a miracle worker? It won't be games worth watching. It will be great as long as the clock isn't running.

All in on great causes, but unless Kellie is a miracle worker? It won't be games worth watching. It will be great as long as the clock isn't running.

Then watch long enough to find out where to donate, open your wallet, write a check, and then change the channel 🤑🤑🤑 problem solved and it’s a win win 😃

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Who gives a crap about how we "stack up" against UConn or any other team for that matter. The only place "stacking up" really counts is at the end of the game when you look up at the scoreboard. Many teams don't "stack up", but somehow they just win.

All true... fine basic article, nothing really new or very insightful. I guess it pays the bills. But from Adams I expect better. I wasted one of my free articles on a bit of roster reading and statistics.

Reactions: Only1COJ
I think it's great to play teams like UConn. The only way to get better is to play up to the best competition. I just vomited in my mouth a little. I hate UConn but they are a top team in the country

VN Store

Back