Lady Vols Basketball- Open Position Assistant Coach

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Coach Harper hired the very best Recruiting Coordinator Samantha Williams available in all of college womens basketball. Give her a couple of years of recruiting classes and the Lady Vols will begin to have the players to compete with Connecticut, Baylor and Stanford. That leaves one Assistant Coach position open which Harper will fill with another highly qualified person. I suspect it will be a younger person with excellent qualifications.

Tennessee doesn’t have a couple years to wait. Forget about competing with UConn and Stanford, when we’re having a hard time competing in the SEC. Regular season and conference title are going to be hard to come by with teams reloading. South Carolina, Georgia, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, even Alabama has become competitive.

Tennessee doesn’t have a couple years to wait. Forget about competing with UConn and Stanford, when we’re having a hard time competing in the SEC. Regular season and conference title are going to be hard to come by with teams reloading. South Carolina, Georgia, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, even Alabama has become competitive.

If LSU hires Mulkey, even winning the SEC is a lost cause...

Lot of crazy fans can't wait couple of years 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Lot of crazy fans can't wait couple of years 😂😂😂😂😂😂
How am I crazy? Please inform me??? Also, what is a couple of years to you. So I’ll now when we can expect to be competitive in the SEC and for national championships.

If LSU hires Mulkey, even winning the SEC is a lost cause...
Darth I bet you would look terrible In gold and purple, stick with the orange and look at the bright side. I'll have to get back to you on exactly what that is at some point in the near future as this is a BIG time hire and nobody can deny that.

Darth I bet you would look terrible In gold and purple, stick with the orange and look at the bright side. I'll have to get back to you on exactly what that is at some point in the near future as this is a BIG time hire and nobody can deny that.

Nah, I won't be an LSU fan, but I do envy them. Must be nice to pull for a program that is actually committed to women's basketball...

Reactions: mcannon1
Nah, I won't be an LSU fan, but I do envy them. Must be nice to pull for a program that is actually committed to women's basketball...
Holy crap I thought you had me on ignore. I know deep down you believe in the Ladies. UT just isn't going to put that kind of money out there. I don't agree with it but that being said I am still on par with Coach Harper. The only concern I still have is recruiting and she is doing ok or at least addressing the situation with coaching changes.Give her time to prove herself.

Reactions: mlindsay and sisaq
Holy crap I thought you had me on ignore. I know deep down you believe in the Ladies. UT just isn't going to put that kind of money out there. I don't agree with it but that being said I am still on par with Coach Harper. The only concern I still have is recruiting and she is doing ok or at least addressing the situation with coaching changes.Give her time to prove herself.

That will get even harder with the events today...

Coach Harper has an open assistant coach position on the staff. Has anyone heard any information on her filling that spot? There seemed to be an earlier possibility that it might be a younger coaching person.

I just had a thought. Does anyone remember Ashley Houts, former UGA guard who absolutely torched us every time she played us? If my memory serves me correctly, Houts -- who is from Trenton, Ga., just over the border of Tennessee -- wanted desperately to be a Lady Vol, but we passed on her. And the first-team All-SEC and All-American made us pay for that mistake every time Tennessee and Georgia met.

Well, after a year in the WNBA and then a stint of playing in Israel, France and Spain, she went on to become a successful, highly respected assistant coach, most recently under Brittany Ezell at ETSU. But the most interesting this is that she also spent two years as Coach Harper's DOBO at Missouri State.

All this to say, could Houts be a good candidate? Young. Tough. Talented. Competitive. I wouldn't be mad.

Reactions: NoBackBoard

VN Store

Back