Lady Vols aren't popular anymore...

Sort of like you can't follow a Bear Bryant with a Saban?

Granted, there were a lot of so-so coaches in-between. But even though it's difficult to replicate the success of legends, it can be done given the right combination of coaching expertise, athletic talent, administrative support, and fan base loyalty.
Took almost 25 yrs for Bama to become a dynasty again. Never said it couldn’t happen, just not immediately.

Tennessee could easily hire a coach from most of the top 25 and everything would be turned around. The only ones that I can think of that are definite "NO" are Geno or Tara. Muffet and Mulkey unlikely. Otherwise pretty much every other good coach out there would come if UT wanted to pay them, and I think Mulkey would come if offered enough (Muffet is less likely but not a definite no, either). I mean ... it's not CFB. There's nowhere near the parity in WBB that there is in men's basketball or football. Also, we are still a top 25 program. It's not like we are missing the tournament. There's not really that much to turn around. It's not like they would be pulling us out of losing seasons.

Bama was garbage for so many years because they didn't want to pay for an elite coach and UT has been in much the same scenario for its football program.

Took almost 25 yrs for Bama to become a dynasty again. Never said it couldn’t happen, just not immediately.

Good point. Less time for Meyer to rebuild at FL and to win two, but it usn't easy, as you say.

I'd think it would be easier in WCBB with less outstanding talent and with UT's facilities, fan base, and legacy. Not many repeat champions, and the elite schools are fewer.

Good point. Less time for Meyer to rebuild at FL and to win two, but it usn't easy, as you say.

I'd think it would be easier in WCBB with less outstanding talent and with UT's facilities, fan base, and legacy. Not many repeat champions, and the elite schools are fewer.
I agree with that. Following a legend is pretty much impossible. I would love to see if Kara Lawson would even consider.......

VN Store

Back