Lady Vols are being shutout so far in 2020 ?

One thing that we, the fans, know about recruiting is that it is usually the result of relationships that have been nurtured over a period of time by the coaching staff. That is why offers are being reported earlier and earlier, in my opinion. Now, the problem with 2020 recruiting for Tennessee is that the staff hasn't been in place long enough to begin to develop the long term, or even short term, for that matter, relationships with the top recruits, so any effort toward getting them to commit to Tennessee will involve some heavy paddling upstream. And, imagine the outcry from the usual suspects if Kellie and staff were to focus on the players she and they had been recruiting to MO State! The fact that they appear to continue the focus on the SEC-caliber recruits that are needed to return the Lady Vols to the top in the SEC/NCAA surely says they understand the needs of the program.

If the staff can pull in one or two quality recruits for 2020, from the likes of Angel Reese, Sarah Andrews, Treasure Hunt, Kamilla Cardoso and Madison Hayes, while establishing the relationships with the '21 and '22 players that it has been reported that they are working on, they will have been doing an excellent job. If they don't pull in any top twenty-five recruits for '20, I would be more inclined to blame the timing of the regime change than the efforts of the staff!

Jim

One thing that we, the fans, know about recruiting is that it is usually the result of relationships that have been nurtured over a period of time by the coaching staff. That is why offers are being reported earlier and earlier, in my opinion. Now, the problem with 2020 recruiting for Tennessee is that the staff hasn't been in place long enough to begin to develop the long term, or even short term, for that matter, relationships with the top recruits, so any effort toward getting them to commit to Tennessee will involve some heavy paddling upstream. And, imagine the outcry from the usual suspects if Kellie and staff were to focus on the players she and they had been recruiting to MO State! The fact that they appear to continue the focus on the SEC-caliber recruits that are needed to return the Lady Vols to the top in the SEC/NCAA surely says they understand the needs of the program.

If the staff can pull in one or two quality recruits for 2020, from the likes of Angel Reese, Sarah Andrews, Treasure Hunt, Kamilla Cardoso and Madison Hayes, while establishing the relationships with the '21 and '22 players that it has been reported that they are working on, they will have been doing an excellent job. If they don't pull in any top twenty-five recruits for '20, I would be more inclined to blame the timing of the regime change than the efforts of the staff!

Jim
My sentiments exactly!

I am not expecting much from a 2020 class because of the coaching change. The fact that we kept our original 3 recruits in 2019 (Horston, Saunders, and Key) and were able to still add another upcoming freshman in Rennie speaks volumes. We also added McCoy late as a Juco transfer (and could potentially get 3 years out of her if she applies for a medical redshirt) to help replace Collins who we lost.

I would love to add a top 20 player from 2020 (I really want Reese) but if we don't I am fine as I think we could land some lower level talent or be a destination for transfers after Kellie shows what she can do this upcoming year in the SEC.

Remember this very thing happened in football lNot "happened." "Is happening." Over there no one has produced anything yet. Except the ticket office. Cash floooooooooooooooooooooow.

Give her time
When she produces on the floor the recruits will come

31trf6.jpg

Here’s my issues with the naysayers that keep saying the ladyvols are irrelevant, If they are so irrelevant and unmentionable, why are they being mentioned on every forum, constantly. By the naysayers. You all have more to say than the true fans. Do us a favor, GO AWAY, since the program is so “irrelevant”. Your negativity doesn’t help.. ya know? How many years of irrelevancy, 15 or so? But they are still being mentioned, everywhere. I don’t hear talks of La Tech, ODU, UGA, etc.. not in the likes of the LadyVols. The ladyvols are very much relevant to WCBB. High quality recruits STILL want to play for UT!!

Let’s make the LadyVols Great again! Rooting for the staff!!

Attachments

• 8A3E24DA-B858-4707-9AF3-57869050A9E3.jpeg
    8A3E24DA-B858-4707-9AF3-57869050A9E3.jpeg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Not surprising, but be patient. If we have a really solid season this year, then 2021 would look good. It is still early for 2020 and should land a few, probably not 5 star, but quality players.

That is a joke. WBB at UT is done

Reactions: cutiepie5
Not surprising, but be patient. If we have a really solid season this year, then 2021 would look good. It is still early for 2020 and should land a few, probably not 5 star, but quality players.

We need to concentrate on the stars we have right now.
Players are made in the offseason,
teams during the season

Jim
You hit the nail on the head. I think we need to quit worrying and let things take its course. We need to thank God that we kept our 2019 recruits. That in and of itself was great on KJH’s part.

My sentiments exactly!

I am not expecting much from a 2020 class because of the coaching change. The fact that we kept our original 3 recruits in 2019 (Horston, Saunders, and Key) and were able to still add another upcoming freshman in Rennie speaks volumes. We also added McCoy late as a Juco transfer (and could potentially get 3 years out of her if she applies for a medical redshirt) to help replace Collins who we lost.

I would love to add a top 20 player from 2020 (I really want Reese) but if we don't I am fine as I think we could land some lower level talent or be a destination for transfers after Kellie shows what she can do this upcoming year in the SEC.

I expect more from the 2020 class because of the coaching change. The coaches of players Kellie and staff are recruiting are well aware of the disconnect and decline with Holly and her staff. Kellie has a reasonably enough talented roster that they will be watching this season. If they see significant improvement and a role their own player can contribute in her system, they will point it out to her and her parents. Longshot? Maybe. But at least when they watch now, there is more of a chance they won't change the channel to see how Notre Dame or UConn are doing.

Reactions: lvocd
If one reflects on Oregon and its rise and superior recruitment they have proven yet again that success attracts success. Who would have predicted their rapid rise, other than their coaches AND loyal fans.

I think patience is key as well. If we win, the recruits will come. I'm hoping to see major improvements in the area of player development. I think Kellie and her staff have the roster they need to convince recruits that they can turn McDonalds HS All-Americans into winners on the collegiate level. We still have a roster of 4-5(?) McDs AAs on the roster.

Reactions: sisaq
Talent was not nor is the issue with the UT LVBB team. Coaching was. We solved that with a change. Kellie and staff are going to not only surprise people with her initial season on The Hill, she will become dominant if the team catches some luck and remains healthy is my prediction.

Talent was not nor is the issue with the UT LVBB team. Coaching was. We solved that with a change. Kellie and staff are going to not only surprise people with her initial season on The Hill, she will become dominant if the team catches some luck and remains healthy is my prediction.

I agree. I think we're going to see a big difference in team chemistry and effort.

Reactions: BUBear
I agree to an extent. Coaching was the issue, resulting in poor player development. The returning players are all behind their peers in realizing improvement from college coaching. Kellie will not fix that overnight, but can stop the bleeding.

Reactions: lvocd
LV summer camp - elite level. The early June dates for BB camp is designed primarily for younger girls. Do elite players still attend higher level camps any more or is the emphasis on AAU teams? I ask only because the players who attended the E camps were closely followed by "us" who were following recruitment.

VN Store

Back