LADY VOLS 3x3

Now I'm seeing 355 for our next game. Sorry for bad info. I give up trying to figure sched out

My take is we do not have anyone on the court that is aware that we need to GOOOO!!! Move quicker, be faster, make quicker decisions.

Also, i love what the announcer said... Jill needs to assert her aggressiveness ALL. THE. TIME 📣

Karo is frustrating watching this because of her methodical movement. It's good in 5 on 5 with a 30 second shot clock but here you gotta move and be intentional. NOW, i do like this for her because it's showing her look you gotta be quicker and more decisive. Tess is moving her feet better and i like that. Powell has to make quicker decisions from the Pg spot and dictate what needs to happen. This is a game where you can just go!

All in all i hope they learn something and come away healthy.

Well, our 3x3 offense was no better than our 5x5 offense. ;) But to be fair, Creighton is really the only team I've seen so far who have effectively run screens, cuts, etc. It's been a lot of 1-on-1 play and I don't know that our roster is very well constructed for that.

That said, Hollingshead was the best player on the floor, I think, even though Pili hit some big shots. We just didn't find her enough. But I'm excited to see her continued growth on both ends. She is so versatile on offense and she had several nice blocks, too.

Powell was the quickest player on the floor but I don't think she used that to her advantage enough to get to the rim. Too many long jumpers.

I think the 3x3 format is tough for Striplin and Darby, but I hope that this is a good experience for them to expand their games a bit. Darby had some good defensive possessions.

A lot of teams sent their players that start all four of Creighton's team are in their starting five. I know Darby and Striplin started, but they were questionable starters and will be again is they start this season with the new additional players we now have.
Exactly. Several squads send their main crew. This for sure isn’t ours. It’s amazing experience for the ladies and I hope They do well, but I do not put stock in 3x3.

VN Store

Back