Lady Vols 24 "Turnovers" - 3 Quarters

With 3 quarters finished, the LV have 24 "turnovers" and absolutely no ball security. The LV are capable of beating most NCAA womens basketball teams if they could only control ball security and turnovers.
And people wonder why women's sports aren't as popular as men's... Yikes

It's turrible.
It's worse than terrible. I did not see any effort in the second half. I have never seen the lazy passes that we displayed tonight. In the second half we stood and watched and made no effort to guard their guards, even when we had time, they still choose to stand and watch. No blocking out AT ALL so our size did nothing to benefit us. Oh yes coach Harper sit on the bench and watched us loose that game in the 3rd quarter. What is it about calling a timeout, after all she had two left at the end of the game. The sooner that Horston realizes her ability, she will become one of the best players ever. She better be teaching blocking out as well as closing out or we are in for a long season because anyone in the SEC can beat us on any given night. Well it could be worse we could still have that woman masquerading as a coach from last year. You heard the announcers say what their coach did to one of his freshman, and look at what she did tonight. I think until we see some of that we will be ordinary.

If they cleaned up their turnovers, they’d be a top 10 team. If we were as weak in the post as we are, we’d be top 5.

Reactions: RollerVol
So elementary schooled in basketball !!!! cannot pass the ball, cannot dribble the ball, cannot shoot the ball, nothing else needs to be said.

Reactions: savannahfan
UT was competitive in every stat of the game except the minus 16 differential in turnovers. Game over. Take care of that and UT would have been in it to the very end and maybe pull out a victory. Three players had a total of 14 turnovers(4,4,6) with one being off the bench. They need to run wind sprints for about 3 hours tomorrow.

With 3 quarters finished, the LV have 24 "turnovers" and absolutely no ball security. The LV are capable of beating most NCAA womens basketball teams if they could only control ball security and turnovers.
I agree. Cut the turnovers in half and they win tonight by 4 or 5 points. This is much easier said than done. Coach Kellie needs to work on this problem.

I agree. Cut the turnovers in half and they win tonight by 4 or 5 points. This is much easier said than done. Coach Kellie needs to work on this problem.

Coach Kellie needs to dedicate every practice to turnover drills and ball security.....This is beyond a minor problem, it is THE PROBLEM!

Needs to be repercussions for turnovers. The amount should be going down, not up, at this point in the season. No excuse also for upperclassmen making so many mistakes.

Reactions: 007Racer
It's worse than terrible. I did not see any effort in the second half. I have never seen the lazy passes that we displayed tonight. In the second half we stood and watched and made no effort to guard their guards, even when we had time, they still choose to stand and watch. No blocking out AT ALL so our size did nothing to benefit us. Oh yes coach Harper sit on the bench and watched us loose that game in the 3rd quarter. What is it about calling a timeout, after all she had two left at the end of the game. The sooner that Horston realizes her ability, she will become one of the best players ever. She better be teaching blocking out as well as closing out or we are in for a long season because anyone in the SEC can beat us on any given night. Well it could be worse we could still have that woman masquerading as a coach from last year. You heard the announcers say what their coach did to one of his freshman, and look at what she did tonight. I think until we see some of that we will be ordinary.

As usual we used our "standing offense" with 4 players standing and 1 moving. If you have a "moving offense", somebody is going to make a mistake and open a scoring opportunity.

Reactions: 007Racer and mytenn
I agree completely. They had 20 turnovers in the Alabama win.

From what I have witnessed from this team to date. Way to many show boats. They try to make the fancy play instead of the simple play. To many athletes and not basketball IQ players. I thought KH would be coaching this crap out of them. Guess I was wrong.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
As usual we used our "standing offense" with 4 players standing and 1 moving. If you have a "moving offense", somebody is going to make a mistake and open a scoring opportunity.
If you do not move: 1. chances of your getting the ball on offense are lessened. 2. and you do not keep the other team guessing causing them distraction, as they do not know your next move. 3. the defense is not going to become weary or worn down. 4. plus, not coming to help your teammate move the ball is not being a good teammate. 5. basketball is a game of movement & positioning. Positioning requires movement. ....Steve Nash: 6 Minute NBA Ball Handling Workout Secrets... on youtube. Also, in passing Steve always gave crisp passes every time.

Last edited:
Outsider here.

okay, 24 turnovers is not good, but how many were forced and how many were unforced?

You guys were playing UCONN. Geno stresses very tight defense. They force a bunch of turnovers by everybody. I have watched them make our offense look stupid for the past five years - and we have had some very good teams in that stretch. You simply can't force a pass through tight windows against them.

Of course, I notice in this thread that y'all had 20 turnovers vs. Bama. That would be troubling. Is this a young team for y'all? If so, they still have time to learn better ball security before the dance.

yep, lots to work on...hope they can learn from this...physically we're ok...goes back to the "mental" game...just not there yet...

GO LADY VOLS!

Coach Kellie needs to dedicate every practice to turnover drills and ball security.....This is beyond a minor problem, it is THE PROBLEM!

Yeah that will really help... 14 points in the second half. Yeah don't work on shooting any at all.

Outsider here.

okay, 24 turnovers is not good, but how many were forced and how many were unforced?

You guys were playing UCONN. Geno stresses very tight defense. They force a bunch of turnovers by everybody. I have watched them make our offense look stupid for the past five years - and we have had some very good teams in that stretch. You simply can't force a pass through tight windows against them.

Of course, I notice in this thread that y'all had 20 turnovers vs. Bama. That would be troubling. Is this a young team for y'all? If so, they still have time to learn better ball security before the dance.

Half the TO's were unforced. We have not learned yet by watching the film. That is the troubling part. Lazy passes, and seem to have no arm strength holding onto the ball.

VN Store

Back