Lady Volleyballers land an at large slot in the NCAA tournament!

StrangeVol

After the most successful season in the last several years, Coach Rackham's Lady Vols were rewarded with a slot in the NCAA tournament. The NCAA only seeds 16 teams nationally and we weren't selected as one of those 16.

We will be playing our opening round match against Colorado State way out west in Pullman, WA. Our first match is on Friday 11/30 at a time to be determined. Likely broadcast will be through the PAC12 Network. We once again got placed in the number 1 overall seed bracket. Just like soccer, we will meet Stanford at the top of our bracket.

Last edited:
Reactions: karmazone
Looks to me like the ladies would be the 5th seed in the West (17th overall). We know Stanford is #1, so the national seeds in their region should be 1, 8, 9, 16. 17 would be the next seed in that region, and with the likely 2nd round matchup against Wash St (16), that should slot UT at 17.

Geez, I hope that makes sense to,someone other than me.

Looks to me like the ladies would be the 5th seed in the West (17th overall). We know Stanford is #1, so the national seeds in their region should be 1, 8, 9, 16. 17 would be the next seed in that region, and with the likely 2nd round matchup against Wash St (16), that should slot UT at 17.

Geez, I hope that makes sense to, someone other than me.

You're way ahead of me. I've been totally confused by the way the matchups were presented on TV. Having looked at the bracket on the NCAA site, I think you're correct. If they seeded all 64 teams as in basketball, I think we'd likely wind up as one of the four 5 seeds, which is pretty good, actually. So, it looks like we were the last team out of the top 16 national seeds, which, as you say, would rank us 17th in the big picture. Again, not too shabby.

Last edited:
So the Lady’s volleyball and soccer teams make the dance and football sux.

Glad we have solid women’s programs.

Tough opening match for the Lady Vols and quite a distance from home.

Colorado St. is making its 24th consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament. It took overall 3 seed Illinois to 5 sets to begin the season. It also took Florida State to 5 sets and swept LSU in 3 during the season.

Here is hoping that Tennessee's trip to San Diego pre-conference (where we took one match out of two) offers some meaningful experience to apply and be successful against the Rams and then probably the Cougars.

GBO!

Reactions: StrangeVol
Tough opening match for the Lady Vols and quite a distance from home.

Colorado St. is making its 24th consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament. It took overall 3 seed Illinois to 5 sets to begin the season. It also took Florida State to 5 sets and swept LSU in 3 during the season.

Here is hoping that Tennessee's trip to San Diego pre-conference (where we took one match out of two) offers some meaningful experience to apply and be successful against the Rams and then probably the Cougars.

GBO!

Yeah, we have now entered the world of "big girl" volleyball. I don't see any of our potential match-ups as anything other than challenging, to say the least.

Reactions: sccshortstop

VN Store

Back