Lady Vol Softball Schedule and start of play?

Cblackburn

I usually do not post on here unless I have a genuine question. With that being said, the Lady Vols started up practice again today, and I was wondering when we will see the schedule and know when the season starts. I have looked everywhere to see when the season starts and to see if we have a schedule and have come up empty on both. So, if anyone knows that'd be great! Very excited to see our Lady Vols in action again!

I don't know anything except I know every year we play some games in February either out west or in Florida. I think we should see a schedule by the end of the month if were still going to play as normal.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I don't know anything except I know every year we play some games in February either out west or in Florida. I think we should see a schedule by the end of the month if were still going to play as normal.

Don't believe they'll be traveling to the West Coast. If I had to guess, they play games against ETSU, UTC, TN Tech etc. to get games and reps in early with limited travel.

My small input. I had season tickets last year and called in December about renewing with all that is going on and not a lot of info. I was told they are on hold til the SEC and Ncaa decides what they are going to do with spring sports. I suspect that maybe the season will be pushed back a few months. It would be nice not to freeze for those early games. The Ncaa/Sec could come out with an announcement and they could be playing in February. I doubt it. I have little doubt there will be a season but when and how is still up in the air.

Reactions: Volfan2012
My small input. I had season tickets last year and called in December about renewing with all that is going on and not a lot of info. I was told they are on hold til the SEC and Ncaa decides what they are going to do with spring sports. I suspect that maybe the season will be pushed back a few months. It would be nice not to freeze for those early games. The Ncaa/Sec could come out with an announcement and they could be playing in February. I doubt it. I have little doubt there will be a season but when and how is still up in the air.
I've always wished they would move the season start up to at least the middle of March permanently.

Just got the opt in email this morning to let them know if you are planning on attending games in person. No guarantee you get season tickets due to how many they will let in. Said schedule will be finalized in a few weeks.

Got two season tickets last year but the opt in message indicated I was getting only 1 seat. Maybe the next stage is about seats while this message is only about whether I want to attend or not.

Looking forward to this season. Would love to see it slide to the right a couple months.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Got two season tickets last year but the opt in message indicated I was getting only 1 seat. Maybe the next stage is about seats while this message is only about whether I want to attend or not.

Looking forward to this season. Would love to see it slide to the right a couple months.
My understanding is it about just opting in at this point. I also had two. It also indicated everything would reset next year back to last year even if you choose not to attend in person this year.

Don't believe they'll be traveling to the West Coast. If I had to guess, they play games against ETSU, UTC, TN Tech etc. to get games and reps in early with limited travel.

You are probably correct about long travel trips until the the athletic dept gets back in the green.

Reed holds a grudge against the Weekly's. UTC will never play UT while he is still in Chatt.

Reactions: Majors
You are probably correct about long travel trips until the the athletic dept gets back in the green.

Reed holds a grudge against the Weekly's. UTC will never play UT while he is still in Chatt.

What’s Reed upset about? Didn’t he basically walk into the job after they left

Reactions: sccshortstop
I usually do not post on here unless I have a genuine question. With that being said, the Lady Vols started up practice again today, and I was wondering when we will see the schedule and know when the season starts. I have looked everywhere to see when the season starts and to see if we have a schedule and have come up empty on both. So, if anyone knows that'd be great! Very excited to see our Lady Vols in action again!

They have a few different schedules ready to go, it all comes down to what the administrators vote on for the schedule format. There will hopefully be a resolution in the next week or so and a schedule will be released in about two weeks.

I don't anticipate any non-conference trips that involve air travel, unless SEC schools agree to play non-conference games against each other. Otherwise, it'll be home games or destinations that can be bussed.

That's really all I can share at this point, we're all hoping there is some clarity very soon.

VN Store

Back