Lady Vol Signee Meighan Simmons to Play in McDonald's High School All America Game To

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
McDonald's High School All America and Lady Vol signee Meighan Simmons, a 5'9" guard from Cibolo, Texas, (Byron P. Steele II H.S.), will be one of 24 players selected to play in the Ninth Annual McDonald's High School All America game tonight (March 31) at 5:30 p.m. on ESPNU.

More...

Named Co-Most Outstanding Player tonight. I think she might very well bring some toughness to the team. I came away impressed.

god yes...poor strickland needs to be the score whore she was meant to be...not some PG in disguise.

Why do we only have one?? LSU 3, UCON's 3?

Avant would have easily been a McD AA had she not been injured in a car accident.

UT only had room to take 2 players in this class because that puts them right at the limit of 15 scholarships for next year (remember, there were no seniors on this year's team).

Avant would have easily been a McD AA had she not been injured in a car accident.

UT only had room to take 2 players in this class because that puts them right at the limit of 15 scholarships for next year (remember, there were no seniors on this year's team).

Thanks! I guess I get restless having to see UCon win it all again.....

I pray nightly that that freak brittney griner can pull off an upset.

thats how much I hate geno aureamia

Comeon you skinny klingon! you can do it!

Griner doesn't have the players around her to lead Baylor to the upset. Maya Moore and Tina Charles are outscoring Baylor's entire team by 8 at halftime. This will be at least a 25 point win for UCONN.

I thought I was watching Womens College Basketball, not "The Maya Moore Show". Hope Geno knows he's killing WCB with that overpowered wonder kid.

I guess I can reflect and have sympathy towards the non-lady vol fans during that era of Chamequia Holdsclaw's domination.

*cries* god I just hate geno so much.

I thought I was watching Womens College Basketball, not "The Maya Moore Show". Hope Geno knows he's killing WCB with that overpowered wonder kid.

Strongly disagree. The women's game needs plenty more players like Moore. The problem is that no one other than UCONN has one right now. I haven't seen a single player this year, men or women, that has a jump shot as pure as she does.

well...I strongly disagree with my statement aswell, if u critique it that way....sure we need more of em to even a playing field..but god ain't making em like Maya Moore very often.

my statement intends to mean that I don't care to watch a one woman steam roll...

o god. I'm playing into geno's trap. his intention is to play the villian, which attracts attention, and publicizes WCB to a larger consumer market.....Im watching simply b/c i hope for his downfall, just like I hoped Darth Vader would get his just deserts!

gasp

So we're you complaining about the "Candace Parker show" when she was at UT because that's pretty much what WCBB was at that time.

So we're you complaining about the "Candace Parker show" when she was at UT because that's pretty much what WCBB was at that time.

oh no, I am completely and utterly hypocritical in this observation...when its my team, its all goood. When I'm having to watch another teams Maya Moore, or whoever, its not all goood.

And IMO Candance Parker was ALL THAT, yes, but we did loose a game or two which didn't make it out to be such a David/Goliath type spectical. Perhaps during the CP era, there was a tad bit more distrubtion of talent

During her reign in WCB there was also Sylvia Fowles, Candace Wiggins with Stanford, spitfire Ivory Latta with UNC, Courtney Paris dominating down low...I'm sure there was more, but the talent seemed more evenly spread.

It would be the same way if she were at UT, which almost happened. Regardless, imo, Griner will be more of a revolutionary than Parker was.

VN Store

Back