Lady Vol Schedule 20-21

Games we should totally expect to win Fla A&M, Western Ky, ETSU, Jackson State, Lipscomb, Georgia home, Vanderbilt2 Ole Miss, Florida, Missouri, Auburn. That is 12 wins that we must get. Tossups at Georgia, at Kentucky, at Alabama, at LSU, Arkansas, Kentucky. I would say we need to win the two home games and find a way to win two of the four road games. I could see us winning all these games or losing most of them need to see the team in action. Games where we look to be on the short end at Miss St., SC, UConn, at Texas, at Texas A&M. Winning even one or two of these would be fabulous. Not conceding any of these five games but they look like the ones where we'll have to play at a very high level far better than any game we played last season to win.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Coach Pillow will be coaching her first or second game when she brings her team Fla A@M to Knoxville. Wonder what the record is for former LV coaches to play against the LVs in a single year? (not thats real TRivia - smile)

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I would like to see the starters build leads in the early games and no wholesale substituting until winning the game is not in question.

Will be interesting who the starters will be. Start the transfer point and put Horston at the two guard?

The biggest question for me is will there be set plays with actual screens and quick ball and player movement. No standing around.

I would like to see the starters build leads in the early games and no wholesale substituting until winning the game is not in question.

Will be interesting who the starters will be. Start the transfer point and put Horston at the two guard?

The biggest question for me is will there be set plays with actual screens and quick ball and player movement. No standing around.

I was thinking the same thing ... The team was horrible with turnovers last year and at some point you have to correct that. HOWEVER i felt like the offensive flows were a bit better than the year before. By that i meant i felt like i saw more cuts to the basket for scores and some semblance of offensive sets.

I felt like there were more screens set then the year before and it feels good that from the clips we have seen this year an emphasis has been placed on offense and it has had screening action in them. The few times Jordy (horston) and Key ran the pick and roll it worked beautifully which begs the question why didn’t they do it more.

A lot of the turnovers came from the mix of being aggressive and not thinking about the best play. If the team is moving and not stagnant and waiting to hit a hero shot it will reduce the need for reckless gambles. For Rae and Jordy the stop and pop can be a deadly tool and cut down on their turnovers. With the options of Horston, Burrell, Davis, and hopefully Key Jojo (walker) shouldn’t feel the need to score or force things like she had to at WMU where she got moved from the one to the 2 guard.

Two weeks and we will be finding out some things about the team😁

When i looked at this schedule there is also another test right off the bat there is a back to back game right after the holiday. I didn’t even realize it until i looked again at the schedule.

It will be interesting to see how the ladies respond and if they are able to put their opponents away to allow the subs to play more (especially in the first game).

I also would imagine their families will be trying to make it if they can. It would be cool if the ladies and their families could do a dinner together but with covid i don’t know how much they are limiting exposure and keeping them isolated ...

A lot to navigate besides just basketball this season ... Good Luck ladies 🧡

West Virginia has all five starters back from a team that beat Mississippi State in the last challenge. They lost several games as the season went along but every game was close. This is going to be quite a challenge for us on the road as is of course Texas. The UConn game at home is the other big challenge. The other non conference games should be easy wins although Western Kentucky is a capable team as well. Hopefully we find a way to lose two or less of the non conference games.

When i looked at this schedule there is also another test right off the bat there is a back to back game right after the holiday. I didn’t even realize it until i looked again at the schedule.

It will be interesting to see how the ladies respond and if they are able to put their opponents away to allow the subs to play more (especially in the first game).

I also would imagine their families will be trying to make it if they can. It would be cool if the ladies and their families could do a dinner together but with covid i don’t know how much they are limiting exposure and keeping them isolated ...

A lot to navigate besides just basketball this season ... Good Luck ladies 🧡

I think the games right after Thanksgiving were scheduled like that to simulate tournament play. Since the tournaments were canceled they came up with another way. I’m just excited for some basketball! Prayers for no delay. My 🧡 can’t take it anymore!

Last edited:
I think the games right after Thanksgiving we’re scheduled like that to simulate tournament play. Since the tournaments were canceled they came up with another way. I’m just excited for some basketball! Prayers for no delay. My 🧡 can’t take it anymore!

Good point!

I think we have already seen Kellie amping up the schedule. When you add the Stanford and ND games plus the Tourney they were in (they would have played Florida State and Southern Cal) those are 4 more power 5 schools who would have been on the schedule.

I wonder if the Stanford game will pick back up... In the Cornelius article is said the ND game would resume next year but didn’t mention Stanford. If TN didn’t play stanford (which would be weird) replacing them with Arizona or UCLA would be pretty cool.

Good point!

I think we have already seen Kellie amping up the schedule. When you add the Stanford and ND games plus the Tourney they were in (they would have played Florida State and Southern Cal) those are 4 more power 5 schools who would have been on the schedule.

I wonder if the Stanford game will pick back up... In the Cornelius article is said the ND game would resume next year but didn’t mention Stanford. If TN didn’t play stanford (which would be weird) replacing them with Arizona or UCLA would be pretty cool.

Yes, and at some point if we’re serious I think we try to have a home and home with Oregon for a couple of years. I don’t see them moving from the top 2 in the PAC-12 anytime soon. Also a team that would be good to have played if we somehow meet in the tournament.

VN Store

Back