Lady Vol required homework

Benionsopinion

Holly and the Lady Vols should all watch the replay of the Vols/ Missouri telecast to help them learn:
1. What to do when a team tries to put a physical beating on you,and:
2. What to do and how to play when your top scorers are limited by opponent's defense and/or foul problems.
The answer ,of course,is for others to take up the slack,so that it seems as if the missing link is still there. Young players sometimes need positive reinforcement,and this would be a perfect time for them to see that all team members Are assets and can contribute. That will help individuals and the team be better.

As always,Go Lady Vols!!
Any one have news about GovernmentMule?

Holly and the Lady Vols should all watch the replay of the Vols/ Missouri telecast to help them learn:
2. What to do and how to play when your top scorers are limited by opponent's defense and/or foul problems.
The answer ,of course,is for others to take up the slack,so that it seems as if the missing link is still there. Young players sometimes need positive reinforcement,and this would be a perfect time for them to see that all team members Are assets and can contribute. That will help individuals and the team be better.

As always,Go Lady Vols!!

Are you suggesting that the LVs and coaching staff don't watch film of their prior games and in particular diagnose reasons for losses? I agree with all your points but am 100% certain that is exactly what the team does.

As for picking up the slack, when Jackson could not hit anything, Evina (sophomore) and Zaay (Freshman) picked up the slack by attacking the rim and Green was a monster!. They were all a few made FTs away from accomplishing the goal.

I am objecting to your comment because it is said to keep seeing this idea perpetuated that Holly is so inept that she does not do the most rudimentary things and that random fans know more than her about coaching (despite her long, long tenure as the main assistant to the GOAT).

The LVs do have a problem in execution of game plans (and no doubt that does come down to practices, training, and coaching) but those problems are much more nuanced than "Hey, how's about watching some film of the game? and why doncha' try a few shooting drills while you are at it, coach?"

Madtown,you are usually spot on,but you missed completely the message in my post. I did not say nor suggest that Holly and the Lady Vols did not watch their game films. I never call the Lady Vols simply Vols,nor will I ever. If you read my post,it says Vols/ Missouri,not Lady Vols/ Missouri,referring to tonight's game from Missouri. The point was not hidden,but you actually have become too quick to blame someone for accosting Holly when this was not done. Several on this forum need reading comprehension skills enhanced. Know you meant well,but save your comments for someone who actually has disparaging words.

Madtown,you are usually spot on,but you missed completely the message in my post. I did not say nor suggest that Holly and the Lady Vols did not watch their game films. I never call the Lady Vols simply Vols,nor will I ever. If you read my post,it says Vols/ Missouri,not Lady Vols/ Missouri,referring to tonight's game from Missouri. The point was not hidden,but you actually have become too quick to blame someone for accosting Holly when this was not done. Several on this forum need reading comprehension skills enhanced. Know you meant well,but save your comments for someone who actually has disparaging words.

Mea culpa. I missed that you were talking about the men's game. Sorry about that.

But, I would still suggest that there was nothing about that game and the Vols response that Holly and staff do not know conceptually. Their problem is getting execution. For example, from stanford they knew that closing out on outsider shooters was something that cost them the game. Holly made that a point of emphasis. Against, Mizzou, they kept getting sucked in and leaving the perimeter open. I really don't know why these problems keep re-occurring but it is not a lack of understanding about the fundamental problem.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Mea culpa. I missed that you were talking about the men's game. Sorry about that.

But, I would still suggest that there was nothing about that game and the Vols response that Holly and staff do not know conceptually. Their problem is getting execution. For example, from stanford they knew that closing out on outsider shooters was something that cost them the game. Holly made that a point of emphasis. Against, Mizzou, they kept getting sucked in and leaving the perimeter open. I really don't know why these problems keep re-occurring but it is not a lack of understanding about the fundamental problem.

Glaring issues identified by coaches requires a dedicated effort to correct the situation. That is not saying that Holly and our coaches are not dedicated, because I believe they are.I believe that Holly knows the Xโ€™s and Oโ€™s, the issue could be addressing issues so that players fully understand what needs to be done. As you know, knowledge of the game does not always equate to good coaching abilities. I also notice that our players rarely raise their arms when defending the three. One of the announcers mentioned that during the Missouri game.

Glaring issues identified by coaches requires a dedicated effort to correct the situation. That is not saying that Holly and our coaches are not dedicated, because I believe they are.I believe that Holly knows the Xโ€™s and Oโ€™s, the issue could be addressing issues so that players fully understand what needs to be done. As you know, knowledge of the game does not always equate to good coaching abilities. I also notice that our players rarely raise their arms when defending the three. One of the announcers mentioned that during the Missouri game.

I agree. The attention to detail seems to be lacking. Even Holly in her press conference noted that lots of little mistakes on defense cost them. They keep making them though; against Auburn, they really did not play all that differently but their shooting gave them the victory margin. On nights when the shots are not falling, those little details make the difference in winning and losing.

As always,Go Lady Vols!!

Nothing to learn. Entire game looks like a high school game. All the need to learn is get new coach.

Reactions: T.J. and 7Iron
Some more homework: compare and contrast the recruiting rankings of the starting 5 of the women's team vs the men's team. I'm pretty sure the LVs were much higher rated coming in. The disparity in player development between Barnes and Warlick is Grand Canyon size. Lack of player development is one of the two big obvious problems for the LVs, the other being the horrendous lack of an effective, consistent half court offense.

Reactions: T.J.

As always,Go Lady Vols!!

Not since December. Hope you and your wife are doing well.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Reactions: Rickster
From what I saw the girls look confused like there was no game plan and whoever crossed the half court line with the ball tried to make a play right then. They were playing Jackson really tight so she couldn't get a good shot off. Some inside out play could have helped here. And as I said from the start of the season, their foul shooting was going to lose games...they missed 6. Something else that really bugs me is why on earth, instead of driving into 2 or 3 players and losing the ball can't they stop one step short and take a 6ft. jump shot! If they play out-of-sync against KY they are in trouble again. One more thing...is it just me or is it every one hits shots or nobody is hitting...seems it's been that way for years. Go LV!

Reactions: T.J.

VN Store

Back