Lack of vols in Gainesville

You misspelled 1991...I'm calling BS on 2005.

You can call BS all you want but walking down Fraternity Dr to the stadium three people in front of the KA house were throwing the cups then ran back into the house. I didn't get hit, but the girl about 20 feet in front of us that did was soaked. My problem was more with the UF PD officers that came and basically did nothing about it.

As I remember traveling with Freak Jr. Be safe and I hope Jr experiences a Vol win! GBO!!

Thanks. Good memory. We are enjoying the experience with no expectations. A win would be icing.

Gainesville is terrible. I will never go to another game there or in Athens again(although Athens is a great little town), regardless of where our program is at.

Where is everyone? Usually I see a few everywhere, staying at the Paramont Plaza and there are none there, ate out and still have yet to see one, what's up?

According to Freaks night before thread, Butch is slinging orange tacos all across Gainesville.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Someone must've lost a bet...

Fess up.

Attachments

• IMG_9957.jpg
    IMG_9957.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 21
You can call BS all you want but walking down Fraternity Dr to the stadium three people in front of the KA house were throwing the cups then ran back into the house. I didn't get hit, but the girl about 20 feet in front of us that did was soaked. My problem was more with the UF PD officers that came and basically did nothing about it.

Poor planning on your part...if there's one area of ANY campus for rival fans to avoid, it's Frat Row regardless of the campus.

Most of the Vol fans at the swamp tomorrow will be Floridians who are alumns or supporters. Many of them will be driving into the swamp to tailgate tomorrow...also many vol fans spending the night will probably be in Ocala not Gainesville where the hotel rates are higher...And I read that lots of tickets were returned to Florida as Tennessee fans from out of state are tired of coming to the swamp to get abused...as Floridians who are Vol fans if things start to go bad we can switch to our Georgia or FSU clothes at the half...lol. :clapping:

You misspelled 1991...I'm calling BS on 2005.

I have been to the swamp many times as I live in Palm Beach much of the time. Out of six trips in 12 years lost one car antenna, car keyed, and if not for some very big fellow UT fans showing up at right time I was going to get my ass kicked by five drunk young bucks who had blocked my car in and refused to move. The other three times were great with absolutely no problem.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm actually in Gainesville. Poor planning on my part cost me hotel resevations. Thought I already did it, but i guess not. I was looking for a hotel walking distance from midtown/downtown but apparently theyre booked up.

Poor planning on your part...if there's one area of ANY campus for rival fans to avoid, it's Frat Row regardless of the campus.

So that justifies it? I have been to every SEC campus plus about 20 others and have seen fraternity row at nearly all of them. I've never seen anything like that at any of the others. Most will tailgate with you and have fun trashtalking, not throw human waste.

Reactions: 4 people
I had to drive up to Orlando and back to WPB for business today and only saw one UT flag heading north on the Turnpike

It's hard to ask fans to travel to Eugene, Oregon and then Florida in a week.

Especially when were playing the way we are right now. I hate to say it but fans don't want to spend that much $ to watch us get throttled. Its really sad what our program has sunk to. I really do hope Butch can get the excitement back in to the program.

Reactions: 1 person

I've walked down frat row in the swamp...I actually did so unknowingly. We didn't get anything thrown at us, but apparently "vols lick balls" was the mantra for the day.

this happened last year with florida as well. ticket sales in general aren't as strong as normal.

however, last year, a lot of florida folks chose to go to texas a&m since it was the first time playing them and did not turn right around and head to knoxville the next week.

same thing this year for tennessee. it was a strong showing in oregon and people aren't going to turn around and go to another road game the next week.

this is one of the reasons why i think a playoff system using the bowls won't work.

So that justifies it? I have been to every SEC campus plus about 20 others and have seen fraternity row at nearly all of them. I've never seen anything like that at any of the others. Most will tailgate with you and have fun trashtalking, not throw human waste.

Doesn't justify it at all.

It's also poor planning on your part. Frat Row on our campus is no place for rival fans.

I had to drive up to Orlando and back to WPB for business today and only saw one UT flag heading north on the Turnpike

Hey! I'm in west palm as well. I feel like I'm seeing more power T's on cars in the last few months than I have in the last few years.

Reactions: 2 people
I went in 2009. We had about 5k then too. It's tough when you have back to back road games where there is extensive travel. I had no problems when I went. Flew into Jacksonville. Easy Drive. Parked nearby and walked in front of Fraternity row before and after the game decked out it TN gear. No one said a word to me before or after. At the game not one word from gator fans. I was expecting issues but none occurred. Wasn't worried in the least.

I went in 2009. We had about 5k then too. It's tough when you have back to back road games where there is extensive travel. I had no problems when I went. Flew into Jacksonville. Easy Drive. Parked nearby and walked in front of Fraternity row before and after the game decked out it TN gear. No one said a word to me before or after. At the game not one word from gator fans. I was expecting issues but none occurred. Wasn't worried in the least.

Not a VFL

VN Store

Back