Lack of spring practice puts a damper on any quarterback battles

Did you see them catching balls over everybody on the field is what mattered...

JG won't have those bailouts anymore.
He'll have to use his feet more. Why he hasn't done that more is beyond me. He's not slow.

1 of 3 things needs to happen for Tenn to take the next step.

1) JG speeds up his processing

2) Brian Maurer becomes more disciplined in the art of playing QB

3) Harrison Bailey lives up to the hype.

If any of those 3 things can happen, then the Vols will be right in the thick of it, because our defense is going to be a problem for teams this season and moving forward.

Genuinely looking forward to what Pruitt can do with this defense. Watching your team get stuffed time and time again by a great defense is demoralizing. I want to hear opposing fans sigh when our defense takes the field.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Unfortunately it really does.. I don’t think there is enough time in summer/fall for HB to prove he’s better than JG. Jarret will start until he proves he’s can’t anymore. I don’t want to see him reck a potentially good year.

JG will start the season and I agree that was going to happen either way. The question is how long will it last? I predict we'll see HB early in the season. If there is one.

I agree. I've been saying JG starts until he loses the job (it's his to lose, and he will, just like last year). I could see HB or one of the other QB's starting after UF game ... I guess that's 10/3 at home vs Mizzu.

Don't misunderstand, I hope JG has an All-American type year. I'm for him, and everybody else wearing the jersey. I just don't have a lot of confidence in him. Of course, the coaches don't ask me, I'm just posting on a message board.

I never said they let him down. They weren't great though. They dropped a lot of passes the last few years and struggled to create separation. He had bad plays. Neither one elevated the other like we all would have liked.

DWA had separation that could qualify for social distancing times 3 and he was still missed for a sure TD those are head scratcher's .

I agree. I've been saying JG starts until he loses the job (it's his to lose, and he will, just like last year). I could see HB or one of the other QB's starting after UF game ... I guess that's 10/3 at home vs Mizzu.

Don't misunderstand, I hope JG has an All-American type year. I'm for him, and everybody else wearing the jersey. I just don't have a lot of confidence in him. Of course, the coaches don't ask me, I'm just posting on a message board.

JG didn't do anything last season to secure the job without discussion. If anything, the way the season ended, opened the door wide open for a QB competition with every QB on the roster having a chance to take the #1 spot.

VN Store

Back