Lack of Baseball/Softball Games on SECN

You can catch a lot of the Vols baseball games on ESPN3 on line. However, it's not much fun because they only show a view from high above and behind home plate when the Vols are batting. The view should be from the centerfield camera where you can see the pitcher trying to work each hitter. To me, that's where most of the action in baseball occurs. Oddly, they do show the centerfield camera view when the Vols are pitching. It's a shame because we are seemingly on the brink of turning the program around.

You mean UT games or just SEC baseball in general? Because the coverage is pretty hit and miss until the NCAAT starts then it ramps up. If you check out this week’s schedule they have a ton of baseball games this week.

You can catch a lot of the Vols baseball games on ESPN3 on line. However, it's not much fun because they only show a view from high above and behind home plate when the Vols are batting. The view should be from the centerfield camera where you can see the pitcher trying to work each hitter. To me, that's where most of the action in baseball occurs. Oddly, they do show the centerfield camera view when the Vols are pitching. It's a shame because we are seemingly on the brink of turning the program around.

That’s because the SECN+/ESPN3 coverage is up to the home team. We’re actually lucky we’re getting the coverage we are, in the past we’ve not even put up any coverage at all.

It’s been pretty embarrassing in past seasons when during some SEC weekends every other series is either on the SECN or other ESPN network or SECN+ except our home series.

The video work this past weekend was truly embarrassing. High school A/V club level.

Reactions: txbo
ESPN3 is for the birds. When you live in rural areas, there is not any high speed internet available which will let one stream with out interruptions. The SEC Network has 4 channels, 3 of which are seldom used. In addition way too much time of the one channel which is broadcasting is spent with some stupid talk show host from Alabama. ESPN has really dropped the ball on the sports other than football and basketball.

ESPN3 is for the birds. When you live in rural areas, there is not any high speed internet available which will let one stream with out interruptions. The SEC Network has 4 channels, 3 of which are seldom used. In addition way too much time of the one channel which is broadcasting is spent with some stupid talk show host from Alabama. ESPN has really dropped the ball on the sports other than football and basketball.

This is my problem. Rural internet is never going to allow me to stream worth anything on something like ESPN3. Glad to see several games on SECN this week. Currently watching Ole Miss-USC softball.

I get tired of two A & B SEC channels and only the A channel is working. B is always on a loop showing SEC logo.
They, the SEC Network, should always be showing two different (in season) games & let the customer decide which game they will watch. After all, I'm paying for the extra channel when used or not.

And another thing, why is the Paul Finebaum Show on 4 hrs a damn day? What a waste of network time.

VN Store

Back