'22 LA RB Dylan Sampson (Tennessee signee)

Boom! Another fantastic evaluation by coach Huepel. He is totally outclassing Pruitt in this area.

Last edited:
LSU didnt offer ... so ?????????? Hope it doesnt knock us out fro Glover or McDonald ....

We’ve now watched Rick Barnes revive basketball and Tony V. revive baseball precisely by getting guys like this - slightly underrated prospects that are great fits for their programs.

Just relax and enjoy the process. Going after these kinds of guys early in a coaches tenure works - we’ve seen it first hand.

kid had some pretty decent offers. not stellar but Louisville and Mich State arent terrible offers. Could see his stock go up after camps.

I understand everyone wants the highly rated guys, but the position we're in, you take the guys ready to commit that you believe can actually help the program. First year HC, facing probation because of the last staff, chances are high a lot of those highly rated guys leave us at the alter for programs not facing the issues we are. If Heupel can prove himself over the next couple of years, recruiting will pick back up, but right now, we have to find those under-the-radar type guys that can fit what this staff wants to do.

I understand everyone wants the highly rated guys, but the position we're in, you take the guys ready to commit that you believe can actually help the program. First year HC, facing probation because of the last staff, chances are high a lot of those highly rated guys leave us at the alter for programs not facing the issues we are. If Heupel can prove himself over the next couple of years, recruiting will pick back up, but right now, we have to find those under-the-radar type guys that can fit what this staff wants to do.
bingo. perfect post.

I love this guy's personality and his focus. Maybe I am alone in this, but love how he wants to stay and finish his senior year to complete his track season. That is great commitment and awesome to see he is focused on his goals.
Also like that he’s done taking visits, sounds like a young man that commitment means commitment. Unusual today.

Especially with the sanctions hanging over our head. Kids with skills that are still willing to sign up are coming for the right reasons.

Especially with the sanctions hanging over our head. Kids with skills that are still willing to sign up are coming for the right reasons.
ad23f6c911c139d67f60fa8a45628fc0.jpg

We don’t even know who the highly rated guys are bc it is so messed up due to covid…… this guy might be one of the highest rated guys on our board.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
We don’t even know who the highly rated guys are bc it is so messed up due to covid…… this guy might be one of the highest rated guys on our board.
I just mean chances are slim we land someone like Branson Robinson, or, at this point, even Dallan Hayden. Lot of posters stargaze those guys and obsess over them. So we have to look for guys that may not be as highly rated but have the tools to thrive under our coaches. And hopefully they will.

I just mean chances are slim we land someone like Branson Robinson, or, at this point, even Dallan Hayden. Lot of posters stargaze those guys and obsess over them. So we have to look for guys that may not be as highly rated but have the tools to thrive under our coaches. And hopefully they will.
If either of them want in then we will let them in….. I doubt they will be scared of this recruit.

VN Store

Back