‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Surprising school listed as favorite to land Arch Manning

OK, Coach Heupel: It's time to beat the odds. Because, let's face it: The odds makers are full of it.

Texas? One word: Sark.
Georgia? Oh Please no.
Bama? Doubtful. I feel Satan is starting to slip a bit.
Old Piss? With Lane Kiffin? C'Mon Peyton. Even Eli would back that up.
LSU? Who's gonna coach them?
Clemson? Maybe. Is LSU gonna make a play for Dabo?
And SMU? Yeah, I am sure they have a chance.

Just my opinion, but if Heupel can give the Manning family the proper sales pitch? And Arch can fit his system? Or the system can adjust to him? Call me crazy (And I probably am). But I think he is gettable. Doing an apples to apples comparion with staffs?

If Pruitt, Jones or Dooley were still here? No way we get him. But with our current staff? We now have the best shot we ever had of landing him. Heupel and Halzle can mentor him to be every bit as good as Peyton and Eli were. Golesh is proving to be a solid OC. Mack is doing well with the backs we have. Burns has got the receiving corps running good routes. If Elarbee can land us a stud offensive line to protect him? With the ones we will lose this year, that might be a concern.

Surprising school listed as favorite to land Arch Manning

OK, Coach Heupel: It's time to beat the odds. Because, let's face it: The odds makers are full of it.

Texas? One word: Sark.
Georgia? Oh Please no.
Bama? Doubtful. I feel Satan is starting to slip a bit.
Old Piss? With Lane Kiffin? C'Mon Peyton. Even Eli would back that up.
LSU? Who's gonna coach them?
Clemson? Maybe. Is LSU gonna make a play for Dabo?
And SMU? Yeah, I am sure they have a chance.

Just my opinion, but if Heupel can give the Manning family the proper sales pitch? And Arch can fit his system? Or the system can adjust to him? Call me crazy (And I probably am). But I think he is gettable. Doing an apples to apples comparion with staffs?

If Pruitt, Jones or Dooley were still here? No way we get him. But with our current staff? We now have the best shot we ever had of landing him. Heupel and Halzle can mentor him to be every bit as good as Peyton and Eli were. Golesh is proving to be a solid OC. Mack is doing well with the backs we have. Burns has got the receiving corps running good routes. If Elarbee can land us a stud offensive line to protect him? With the ones we will lose this year, that might be a concern.
He's not considering Tennessee. Until he gives the staff a chance...the odds are a solid 0% that he comes to Tennessee.

Reactions: Memvol44
He's not considering Tennessee. Until he gives the staff a chance...the odds are a solid 0% that he comes to Tennessee.

That was what I thought up to the moment Peyton announced he has committed to Tennessee.

You may be right. But the point I am making: Tennessee has the best chance WITH THIS STAFF to get him to reconsider.

Reactions: feathersax
"All I can say is from what I heard (I Live in New Orleans) one of my friends is a server at one of the fine restaurant establishments there in NOLA and I kid you not one of the restaurant servers there overheard “The Kid” who was eating with his Dad and uncles one night and what the server heard was and I sh*%t you not the kid said and I quote “well Dad as long as they fire Coach O and bring in a certain Offensive Minded Genius (who is already coaching in the SEC) thrust me that Coach will DEFINITELY LEAVE YET ANOTHER SEC TEAM TO JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO BE THE HEAD COACH AT LSU IN A NEW YORK MINUTE especially if I flip my commit”

I mean think about it that particular Coach had done it before this time there’s an even bigger incentive he’s done it before why wouldn’t he do it again and he would SHOCK EVERYONE AND COMMIT TO LSU AT THE LAST MINUTE because as the “Kid” said he wants to break all the records at QB INCLUDING DUPLICATE WHAT BURROW DID BUT EVEN BETTER PLUS WIN THE HEISMAN by his Junior Year and because of his commit CERTAIN TOP RECEIVERS in the Country from what he was told WILL COMMIT TO LSU IF ARCH GOES. So hold on to your socks folks and don’t be surprised ONE BIT IF THAT ALL COMES TO FRUITION! Just as sure as the Sun will rise tomorrow so let it be written so let it be done. Just think why do you think this thing with Coach O happened so quickly in the middle of the season?? Ask yourself that one?"

Rambling mess, yes?

That was what I thought up to the moment Peyton announced he has committed to Tennessee.

You may be right. But the point I am making: Tennessee has the best chance WITH THIS STAFF to get him to reconsider.
How were you keeping up with that recruitment? I didn’t know he had committed until April. Even if you had daily access to Knoxville newspapers (I didn’t), debates on recruitments were more conjecture than information based back then.

How were you keeping up with that recruitment? I didn’t know he had committed until April. Even if you had daily access to Knoxville newspapers (I didn’t), debates on recruitments were more conjecture than information based back then.

Actually butchna? I wasn't. The technology was not here as it is now. I assumed just as most other Tennessee fans: Manning to Ole Miss was pretty much assumed, until he announced.

Edit: Just remembered where I was hearing most of it. An old high school teammate of mine was a huge Ole Miss fan. A huge chunk of his Dad's family live there. And he would often come over and help me and Dad on the farm. And he was talking Peyton to Ole Miss, despite where the program stood, over and over and over. You could not fix a fence, cut a few trees, or cull cattle without him going on and on bout how Peyton was coming to Ole Miss, and there was no way in Hell he would come to Tennessee. When Peyton announced, I halfway thought about putting him on suicide watch for about three days. Hell, I don't think he brought up football recruiting for a couple of years after that.

But as to my belief that we could land Cooper's son? I am just looking over the coaching staffs, and comparing them from the odds makers predictions. And though I am sure they are going to let him make his own choice. Grandpa Archie, plus Uncles Peyton and Eli are going to point out the pros and cons as he asks them what they think. Have a look at those staffs yourself. Tennessee did not have a prayer with any of our three previous staffs. But this one? I seriously think we can beat the odds. Plus? He is a class of 23 player. So, we have time.

Last edited:
Actually butchna? I wasn't. The technology was not here as it is now. I assumed just as most other Tennessee fans: Manning to Ole Miss was pretty much assumed, until he announced.

But as to my belief that we could land Cooper's son? I am just looking over the coaching staffs, and comparing them from the odds makers predictions. And though I am sure they are going to let him make his own choice. Grandpa Archie, plus Uncles Peyton and Eli are going to point out the pros and cons as he asks them what they think. Have a look at those staffs yourself. Tennessee did not have a prayer with any of our three previous staffs. But this one? I seriously think we can beat the odds. Plus? He is a class of 23 player. So, we have time.
cons - he is a drop back passer

Why is this thread alive? There’s a better chance of me, with 2 bum knees, coming back to make the UT roster than this kid coming to play here.

I wish Freak would lock this thread and end it. Why people like to bump this with info on him baffles me. Why does any TN fan care where he goes?

Reactions: berryvol

Edit: Just remembered where I was hearing most of it. An old high school teammate of mine was a huge Ole Miss fan. A huge chunk of his Dad's family live there. And he would often come over and help me and Dad on the farm. And he was talking Peyton to Ole Miss, despite where the program stood, over and over and over. You could not fix a fence, cut a few trees, or cull cattle without him going on and on bout how Peyton was coming to Ole Miss, and there was no way in Hell he would come to Tennessee. When Peyton announced, I halfway thought about putting him on suicide watch for about three days. Hell, I don't think he brought up football recruiting for a couple of years after that.

Well thought out. I just don’t see the fit for either party.

Well thought out. I just don’t see the fit for either party.

Oh I get that. But if fortune favors us on this? I got a feeling you will be wanting to welcome him fairly loud.
I wish Freak would lock this thread and end it. Why people like to bump this with info on him baffles me. Why does any TN fan care where he goes?

Why not?

Oh I get that. But if fortune favors us on this? I got a feeling you will be wanting to welcome him fairly loud.

Why not?

Arch has zero interest in TN. There is literally no communication between him and our staff. So again, why should any TN fan care where he goes?

Arch has zero interest in TN. There is literally no communication between him and our staff. So again, why should any TN fan care where he goes?
And, why shouldn't they? Just because you don't?

I casually care, especially if he's going to Bama or UGA, UF or Auburn, Vandy or Syracuse; also, I care because he's a Manning. Wish nothing but the very best for that family.

So, are you speaking for me, or just EVERYONE else?

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
And, why shouldn't they? Just because you don't?

I casually care, especially if he's going to Bama or UGA, UF or Auburn, Vandy or Syracuse; also, I care because he's a Manning. Wish nothing but the very best for that family.

So, are you speaking for me, or just EVERYONE else?

You care just because he is a Manning? Ok I guess. Just don’t see why when you are a Vol fan.

Imo it will be LSU if they hire the right offensive minded coach or Texas. I think ideally his family wants him number 1 with a QB developer. And number 2 somewhere where he can create his own legacy. He will already have a mountain of expectations wherever he goes so they don’t prefer living up to his uncles to be one of them. This is part of why TN isn’t under consideration along with our mess the past few years but living up to what we would want from a Manning is not fair to a kid. Plus Peyton likes being the TN legend. He is considering Ole Miss but it is easier to surpass Eli and Archie legacy than it is Peytons.

Reactions: johnfnkelly

VN Store

Back