‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

I don't see Duke as a longshot as long as Cutt is there. Don't forget that's where Peyton and his receivers would train in the off-season so he could work with Cutt.

Reactions: CA_Vol
I hope the young man goes to A) the school he wants, but B) the school he can build his own legacy at without worrying about living up to the expectations that will likely be placed on him, especially at UT and OM.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Can you see him playing for Kiffin? Of course he will probably be on probation by the time Arch graduates from HS. Wouldn't that be juicy. Ole Miss was on probation when Peyton committed to the Vols. Will Kiffin have Ole Miss on probation when Arch is ready to choose?

Reactions: CA_Vol
You guys are making some really strong points about Cutcliffe. Is Duke the type of school that he can really grow at though? Maybe it does not matter, his last name will get him drafted, but if I were him I would avoid the ACC and prove to the NFL you can cut it in a big boy's league.

I hope the young man goes to A) the school he wants, but B) the school he can build his own legacy at without worrying about living up to the expectations that will likely be placed on him, especially at UT and OM.

Yeah its unfair to heap “Best Manning todate” on a HS kid. Then he goes to a family legacy school and maybe doesnt quite live up to that even if he is pretty good.

My take: TN has Fulmer in the fold which bodes well. Chaney has good history of QB development.

Ole Miss: Obvs dad and grandpa went there BUT I dont think the Mannings care for Lane.

LSU: family history for NO but not really any school or coaching ties. Will depend on who OC is at the time.

Georgia: Not sure what the tie would be but obviously they are considered a top program right now. However, since losing Chaney the offense is going backwards.

I bet he goes to Duke: David Cutcliffe might as well be a great uncle to him and develops QBs. He wont have the pressure of living up to Dad, Grandpa, or Cousin.

You guys are making some really strong points about Cutcliffe. Is Duke the type of school that he can really grow at though? Maybe it does not matter, his last name will get him drafted, but if I were him I would avoid the ACC and prove to the NFL you can cut it in a big boy's league.

See Daniel Jones. If you can play QB, it doesn't matter what league you are in.

Looks more mobile than Eli and Peyton! That would help. Doesn't need to be Lamar Jackson but the game has moved on from a pure pocket passer that is a sitting duck.

You know a fan base is full of defeatists when a kid isn’t even getting scholarship offers yet and people are already accepting the “anywhere but here” mantra

😂 but In all honesty, he’s still really young and won’t be making any decisions for a while. With someone like this I think fans just need to let the kid be a kid for a year or 2, then we recruit the hell out of him

Besides, if he’s like any other recruit, anything and anyone his family is associated with and their legacy won’t (and should NOT) have any bearing on where he goes. It should be what coaches he has the best relationship with and where he feels most comfortable. If that’s here, then good. If that’s LSU, then oh well. It won’t be about “making my own legacy” or “following in my father/uncles footsteps”

The only thing is Cutt is 65 years old with a birthday in September. He will be 68 when Arch enrolls and into his 70's in the duration of Arch's eligibility. Mist coaches start to retire around 70.

Beat me to it. I think there's a huge question as to whether or not Cut is a) coaching when Arch is picking a school and b) if he is, would be coaching for the 4 years arch is playing.

Remember, Cut had some heart issues awhile back. Not sure he wants the stress of coaching into his 70s.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You know a fan base is full of defeatists when a kid isn’t even getting scholarship offers yet and people are already accepting the “anywhere but here” mantra

😂 but In all honesty, he’s still really young and won’t be making any decisions for a while. With someone like this I think fans just need to let the kid be a kid for a year or 2, then we recruit the hell out of him

Besides, if he’s like any other recruit, anything and anyone his family is associated with and their legacy won’t (and should NOT) have any bearing on where he goes. It should be what coaches he has the best relationship with and where he feels most comfortable. If that’s here, then good. If that’s LSU, then oh well. It won’t be about “making my own legacy” or “following in my father/uncles footsteps”
Thank you yet again for saying what the semi intelligent & rational thinkers have been saying all along in these situations

I know that the Mannings very much love and respect Cutcliffe, but he might not be the QB guru that they remember him being. He's had what, like 2 QBs in the league in his 12 years at Duke?

VN Store

Back