‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

My LSU buddies say He is going to Ole Miss... Cooper went to Ole Miss... I want him in Knoxville but no way Ole Man Manning lets him go anywhere but Ole Miss..

If that were the case we'd be talking about former Ole Miss great Peyton Manning. granted, I don't think it's a slam dunk he'd come here but to assume it's Ole Miss and nothing else flies in the face of what we already know.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
We all love Peyton, but I would be willing bet that Peyton and Eli both try to guide this young man to the school that is going to give him the best quarterback coaching to develop him as a player. The school itself is secondary in that decision, in my opinion.
So, Duke.

He is FAR more mobile than Peyton and Eli. That makes sense. Cooper was considered the most athletic of the three brothers. Like several others, I consider Duke to be our competition for Arch's services. I think we're a long shot, but I would assume that we have a better shot than Kiffin.

If UT can't get him, I'd be ok with LSU getting him. Spread the Manning wealth around the SEC a little bit.

'Ol Miss got three of them. TN got one. If TN can't have two, then give LSU one.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
Anybody else think that maybe Kiffin and Ed O both burned some bridges with uncle peyton a few years ago in knoxville?

Reactions: sonofUT62
Cooper and Eli and even Peyton will be influences on Arch and his decision. But he’ll have to make his own decision. Peyton went where he thought was best for him and it wasn’t Ole Miss and it obviously turned out great for him. I wouldn’t rule any SEC school out.

SDS is reporting Arch is having a growth spurt: Peyton, Eli Manning’s nephew, Arch, hits major growth spurt ahead of sophomore season

Arch is the son of Cooper Manning and nephew of Peyton and Eli, and he’s been deemed as potentially the best Manning thus far. Obviously, that’s an unfair amount of pressure and hype to live up to, considering Peyton is one of the greatest ever and Eli won 2 Super Bowls. However after winning the starting job on varsity as a freshman at Isidore Newman (New Orleans), Arch finished with over 2,400 yards passing and 34 touchdowns.

Most figure the rising sophomore is considering 5 schools during his young recruitment — Ole Miss, Duke, Georgia, Tennessee and LSU. There are quite a bit of Manning ties in those 5 schools, and the Rebels may be considered the favorite.

Manning, who’s been listed at 6-foot-1 and 165 pounds, has apparently hit a big growth spurt ahead of his sophomore season. Now, The Athletic’s Jeff Duncan is reporting that Manning has grown 2 inches and put on 25 pounds this summer. Peyton and Eli are both listed at 6-foot-5, while Cooper is around 6-foot-4. Arch will likely be that tall or taller.
As you can see from his freshman varsity highlights below, Manning’s 2,400 yards passing weren’t screens and pop passes. The kid has a cannon, and he’s only going to get stronger as he matures.

I have to think Peyton will discourage him from Georgia. I think it will come down to Ole Miss and Tennessee. Since he still has 3 years of high school it may come down to which one of those schools can get their stuff together by then. Right now Tennessee is definitely ahead of Ole Miss in that category. I am not going to lie, the thought of another Manning in orange gives me feelings I am not comfortable sharing.

SDS is reporting Arch is having a growth spurt: Peyton, Eli Manning’s nephew, Arch, hits major growth spurt ahead of sophomore season

Arch is the son of Cooper Manning and nephew of Peyton and Eli, and he’s been deemed as potentially the best Manning thus far. Obviously, that’s an unfair amount of pressure and hype to live up to, considering Peyton is one of the greatest ever and Eli won 2 Super Bowls. However after winning the starting job on varsity as a freshman at Isidore Newman (New Orleans), Arch finished with over 2,400 yards passing and 34 touchdowns.

Most figure the rising sophomore is considering 5 schools during his young recruitment — Ole Miss, Duke, Georgia, Tennessee and LSU. There are quite a bit of Manning ties in those 5 schools, and the Rebels may be considered the favorite.

Manning, who’s been listed at 6-foot-1 and 165 pounds, has apparently hit a big growth spurt ahead of his sophomore season. Now, The Athletic’s Jeff Duncan is reporting that Manning has grown 2 inches and put on 25 pounds this summer. Peyton and Eli are both listed at 6-foot-5, while Cooper is around 6-foot-4. Arch will likely be that tall or taller.
As you can see from his freshman varsity highlights below, Manning’s 2,400 yards passing weren’t screens and pop passes. The kid has a cannon, and he’s only going to get stronger as he matures.

I have to think Peyton will discourage him from Georgia. I think it will come down to Ole Miss and Tennessee. Since he still has 3 years of high school it may come down to which one of those schools can get their stuff together by then. Right now Tennessee is definitely ahead of Ole Miss in that category. I am not going to lie, the thought of another Manning in orange gives me feelings I am not comfortable sharing.

I think its in tiers:

Top tier:
LSU/Tennessee
Ole Miss

long shot:
Georgia
Duke
Everyone else

Dnt count out DC. The Manning Family swears by him. I know Archie played at Ole Miss but i always thought Eli went there bc DC was the head man.

Thanks for the report, Hawkeye, super interesting.

I like to think you're right about Ole Miss and Tennessee having an inside track on the lad, but LSU is another distinct possibility, one established by Peyton himself. By "stretching the horizon" for the Manning Clan when he chose not to follow his father's footsteps to Ole Miss, Peyton made the Mannings an SEC-wide family...and Arch may decide to expand that even more to include his home state team.

So I'm loving the idea of him coming to Knoxville, and acknowledge the logic of Oxford as well...but think we ought to add Baton Rouge among the early front-runner possibilities.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back