‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Watched their game last night. He didn't impress me.

I agree. The positives - good arm and showed some mobility.

However, he had zero feel for that game, timing was off, inaccurate at times including doing a couple Crompton type throws into the ground with open receivers, and did not read coverages well. The offense simply did not play better because he was the QB and they had a couple good playmakers at TE and WR. Hopefully, just an aberration.

lol if he were a Tennessee commit we'd be picking out the positives to drool over

I'm pulling for the kid because he's a Manning, regardless of which school he chooses. I was just expecting to be wowed and really didn't see much. Even his supposed mobility wasn't impressive, given how slow his competition was. He has a strong arm, but nothing world-stopping. Hopefully, it was just a bad game.

Last edited:
Reactions: irish1485
Heupel wouldn’t accept a commit from a kid that plays JV ball every week lol. Every QB he’s offered looks ready to play college ball tomorrow, even the 2024 kids
Yep, sark, saban, kiffen and all the other coaches with a good QB history are just chasing stars. You’ve got a much keener eye for talent than them

Reactions: Nooga
Yes it is. I didn't say the same players, I said the same competition.
Arch plays for Isadore Newman, the same private school playing on the same level as Peyton and Eli.

That doesn't mean the competition level is the same.. we're talking about a 2 decade difference. The competition level at my high school is a lot different than when I played 10 years ago.

That doesn't mean the competition level is the same.. we're talking about a 2 decade difference. The competition level at my high school is a lot different than when I played 10 years ago.
Fair enough. Doesn't look like it's any tougher now based on those highlights though.

Not taking a shot at the Mannings, but it will be ok without him. The Manning tree has 1 SEC title hanging from it.
Yes. He will be a good QB but there are others who likely fit CJH's profile better. I am not sure why anyone would get jacked up over any single player regardless of the last name.

Reactions: allvol123
Yes. He will be a good QB but there are others who likely fit CJH's profile better. I am not sure why anyone would get jacked up over any single player regardless of the last name.
It’s the “all or nothing” mentality. Frequently seen in player recruiting thread. “Must have” unless you get someone else. I learned my lesson back when Derric Evans was a signee. Had a lot built up on that one and didn’t find out about his off the field exploits until that Summer. Deep depression and we were fine. Arch will make a mature, informed decision for himself and our program won’t shut down in the resulting fallout.

Last edited:
If you think he is the best player in his class and best qb in his class I want what your on.

Considering I haven’t watched any of them play, I wouldn’t go that far. But for anyone to suggest he’s only catching hype bc he’s a Manning is absurd. The best programs in the country are after him lol

Reactions: SugarCC
Didn't impress me either. I think if his last name wasn't Manning he wouldn't be a top 300 prospect. Not saying he won't be a good college qb but that name is playing a huge factor.
If you think he is the best player in his class and best qb in his class I want what your on.
You know an argument is weak whenever the goal posts are moved this much.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Considering I haven’t watched any of them play, I wouldn’t go that far. But for anyone to suggest he’s only catching hype bc he’s a Manning is absurd. The best programs in the country are after him lol

Best programs in the country were also after JG. But I agree with you Arch definitely has talent. Although I do believe a big part of his hype is his last name.

VN Store

Back