‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

I wasn’t referring to the state of the program. I was meaning why would you come somewhere where you are going to be compared and expected to be as good as Peyton was.

I mean if Arch were to come here, he would be compared to Peyton before his first pass was thrown. That’s unfair.

This argument is so weak. Eli was compared to both Archie and Peyton (despite the fact that he wasn't at UT). It didn't appear to destroy Eli. Arch is going to be compared to Archie, Peyton and Eli no matter where he goes. I don't think he's coming to UT, but he's going to be compared to all of them regardless.

Last edited:
This argument is so weak. Eli was compared to both Archie and Peyton (despite the fact that he wasn't at UT). It didn't appear to destroy Eli. Arch is going to be compared to Archie, Peyton and Eli no matter where he goes. I don't think he's coming to UT, but he's going to be compared to all of them regardless.

No it’s not weak. Archie and Eli were not what Peyton was in college. Not even close. While Arch might draw some comparisons wherever he goes it’s not even close to what he will be faced with at TN or Ole Miss.

Was Eli being talked about as being as good as Arch? I don’t remember him getting that kind of praise. And besides, like I said, being compared to Archie is a whole different animal than being compared to Peyton.

Which family qb do you look up to the most Peyton, Eli, or Archie. Peyton always nudges the best qbs to UT. It doesn't always work, but he tries. Not sure how much he talks to Trevor Lawrence after picking Clemson over UT. I feel like Trevor could probably use some of his guidance right now.
Peyton does not operate like that. He doesn't nudge players anywhere.

No it’s not weak. Archie and Eli were not what Peyton was in college. Not even close. While Arch might draw some comparisons wherever he goes it’s not even close to what he will be faced with at TN or Ole Miss.

Was Eli being talked about as being as good as Arch? I don’t remember him getting that kind of praise. And besides, like I said, being compared to Archie is a whole different animal than being compared to Peyton.
I think Cooper was a big time recruit. The hubaloo, was centered more on them playing together. But, no, Peyton was biggest recruit.

Eli is/was one of most prolific College QB's ever. He brought that program back from abyss. He held all kinds of records at OM.

Reactions: SoilVol
I think Cooper was a big time recruit. The hubaloo, was centered more on them playing together. But, no, Peyton was biggest recruit.

Eli is/was one of most prolific College QB's ever. He brought that program back from abyss. He held all kinds of records at OM.

So what you are posting kind of proves my point. Arch goes to TN, he is gonna be expected to be like or better than Peyton. He goes to Ole Miss, he is gonna be expected to be like or better than Eli. It’s just unfair.

But if he chooses Bama, UGA or Texas, he can create his own legacy and not be automatically compared to someone.

Even the article states it’s “good natured joking”. Anybody who’s paid attention in the last 25 years knows about Peyton’s sense of humor. The guy’s a football historian and mentors QBs from every fanbase…including one that handed us our first loss this season.
Correct, if a guy is showing interest he would tell them about all the good Tennessee offers. But steering a kid isn't his M.O. he approaches that in a professional mentor type manner.

Did you even read the article?
I did. What's your point?

According to the article it seems to me that he was encouraging Lawrence to come to UT. I'm sure he was fine with wherever he went, but he was still pushing for UT. That was my point.

I did. What's your point?

According to the article it seems to me that he was encouraging Lawrence to come to UT. I'm sure he was fine with wherever he went, but he was still pushing for UT. That was my point.
If you actually read the article and applied critical thinking you couldn't come to the conclusion he was pushing the kid. Would he have liked him to go to Tennessee? Sure, but he isn't pushing anyone anywhere, it would be bad for business.

That's my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
Anywhere but Georgia please!!
Clemson program is in tailspin currently.....and it's ACC ball. AM's uncle's and grandfather played SEC ball.
Scared to death that this comes down to Texas or Georgia.
Georgia has 5* Brock Vandergriff with 5* Gunnar Stockton commited.
You got to believe that Texas is the logical choice right? Or Ole Miss?

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Clemson program is in tailspin currently.....and it's ACC ball. AM's uncle's and grandfather played SEC ball.
Texas or Ole Miss hopefully. If he goes to Ole Miss I think he’ll do well under Kiffin and they’d be a thorn in Sabans side. Just not to Georgia

Last edited:

Clemson in a tailspin? Lol. Why? Because they lost to UGA?

VN Store

Back