‘23 LA CB Jordan Matthews (Tennessee)

It’s odd that 2 top QB’s generally never commit to the same team/class these days but a guy like this is projected to commit to Texas when they already have 2 top 6 ranked Corners committed. Seems to happen with teams like Bama and Georgia as kids all think they are the best and want to play for contenders but it still doesn’t make sense in this situation. Texas also has 13 corners on the roster per 247…. $ talks?…

Reactions: ACvol3
It’s odd that 2 top QB’s generally never commit to the same team/class these days but a guy like this is projected to commit to Texas when they already have 2 top 6 ranked Corners committed. Seems to happen with teams like Bama and Georgia as kids all think they are the best and want to play for contenders but it still doesn’t make sense in this situation. Texas also has 13 corners on the roster per 247…. $ talks?…

Bama also has 2 highly rated QBs committed

There’s strong NIL games and then there’s Texas’s. Pretty much you’re not going to outspend them and their networking is second to none. Their boosters are a side show almost like Auburn’s but they’re hard to beat when they focus on a kid and try to land them.

Bama also has 2 highly rated QBs committed
Yeah, typical. We need to land someone like this guy, Ethan Nation, or another 4* CB IMO. Great class right now but still many voids to fill in the roster which one class won’t fill but we’re trending up and the W’s will help close the last few commits…

Reactions: Smokey19rt

I don't know how often this is the case. With the transfer portal, why would you care about the competition? If things don't shake out the way you thought they would, then you can move on without having to lose a year. I'm not saying this is a good thing btw, just the reality of cfb now. UT has certainly been a victim of the transfer portal but we're most likely going to get some quality players out of it as well. And I wouldn't exactly call Texas a contender. They had an embarrassing year last year.

Do you have to be from the south to belong in the south?
We're apparently very exclusive 😅

Heupel's from the completely opposite part of the country as well. Doesn't matter one shiz, unless folks make it matter...which it doesn't. Just give us a winner, the rest is meaningless tribalism.

Do you have to be from the south to belong in the south?
Wouldn't that be nice lol. Put it on a ballot.

In all seriousness, I have a sneaking suspicion Brian Kelly has a not so secret disdain for anything that has to do with Louisiana culture or people.

Could be wrong.

Reactions: ACvol3
Wouldn't that be nice lol. Put it on a ballot.

In all seriousness, I have a sneaking suspicion Brian Kelly has a not so secret disdain for anything that has to do with Louisiana culture or people.

Could be wrong.

I think he’s just an all around prick no matter where he is or who he’s interacting with.

VN Store

Back