Kyle Alexander signs with The Heat

On Monday, the Heat signed Tennessee forward Kyle Alexander to an Exhibit 10 contract, which includes an invitation to training camp, according to multiple league sources. The deal is limited to a $50,000 guarantee and leaves the option open for Alexander to eventually play for Miami’s G League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, after training camp

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article232707062.html#storylink=cpy

More info:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article232707062.html

I do not know much of anything about the NBA or the coaching staff at Miami. Does anybody know if Miami has a staff that can continue to develop him? Is he in a good situation there?

50k really isn't much for an athlete there is a lot of upkeep involved there especially in a city like Miami

50k really isn't much for an athlete there is a lot of upkeep involved there especially in a city like Miami
The country is filled with semi-pro and low tier pros who don't get rich playing ball. I mean, minor league baseball for example. It's love of the game and hope. Some guys may only make 50gs a year working a regular job anyways. Everyone doesn't just get a 100k a year entry job automatically because they went to college. That's why so many graduates live in their parents' basements.

Reactions: VolNExile
Seems like a nice way of calling someone "poor" there
I’ve been young without much money and now I’m much older and have more than I need - money is way down the list on what’s determined my quality of life. You can be rich and not have 2 nickels to rub together and likewise poor with $millions in the bank.

Dal’s post struck me as he thought Alexander made big bank with the $50,000 contract which doesn’t seem to go very far these days to me. Eye of the beholder thing I guess? No offense intended towards Dal in any way. Apologies if my post caused any.

I’ve been young without much money and now I’m much older and have more than I need - money is way down the list on what’s determined my quality of life. You can be rich and not have 2 nickels to rub together and likewise poor with $millions in the bank.

Dal’s post struck me as he thought Alexander made big bank with the $50,000 contract which doesn’t seem to go very far these days to me. Eye of the beholder thing I guess? No offense intended towards Dal in any way. Apologies if my post caused any.
Gotcha. You're good in my book, Walken.

VN Store

Back