KY "We're not done oh yes you are!

VolBall, if not for Kyra and Niya, two LVFLs, being on Kentucky's staff I wouldn't be one bit sad for them, either. I have a fondness for Goestenkors, too. My thing about Kyra is that it was strongly rumored that Holly let her go because they were strongly disagreeing about how to handle the players. And since Holly was well known to be a softie, and Kyra was said to be kind of a hard-azz, I assumed they'd agreed it was best for Kyra to move on since Holly couldn't get behind the concept of coaching players instead of needing to be liked by players. Knowing that may very well have been what went down gave me a great deal of appreciation for what Kyra is all about, and I want her to do well. If she and Butts ever move on from there I'll gladly go back to not giving a darn if they lose or not. 😁

VolBall, if not for Kyra and Niya, two LVFLs, being on Kentucky's staff I wouldn't be one bit sad for them, either. I have a fondness for Goestenkors, too. My thing about Kyra is that it was strongly rumored that Holly let her go because they were strongly disagreeing about how to handle the players. And since Holly was well known to be a softie, and Kyra was said to be kind of a hard-azz, I assumed they'd agreed it was best for Kyra to move on since Holly couldn't get behind the concept of coaching players instead of needing to be liked by players. Knowing that may very well have been what went down gave me a great deal of appreciation for what Kyra is all about, and I want her to do well. If she and Butts ever move on from there I'll gladly go back to not giving a darn if they lose or not. 😁

I too love all of their coaching staff. Will be more apt to cheer for them next season…

Reactions: Smallvol#1

They should allow Kyra to get her players. I think some of the players were not onboard with her. Let those pass on then look at her performance when she has a team she recruited.

No, I'm not sad when a rival or an opponent is beaten, but I don't celebrate because that doesn't elevate my accomplishments, but it does speak to character. As a Lady Vol fan I take little joy in Kentucky's first round loss, because the same thing happen to us in 2009 with Coach Summitt at the helm. It's March Madness, any team at any time could get bounced. As for Kyra, I couldn't be more proud of her winning the SEC as I would be if Kellie would win the SEC as a coach. It is a great achievement for her, a LVFL, and another accomplishment for the coach Summitt coaching tree. Yes, there is a lot of credence to the difference in temperament between Kyra and Holly when it comes to handling the players, but Kyra never said a negative word about it publicly, she just went to work and now she is an SEC Champion as a Coach. More than pulling for Kentucky or any other team, I will always pull for Kyra or any LVFL, because they are an extension of us. As for players, "don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash."

we will never know what happens to cause a mass "leave the team" for Ky or players from other schools, but two of the players now transferring have done that before. And we long termers remember that Treasure Hunt was a player followed since her freshman year in HS.

we will never know what happens to cause a mass "leave the team" for Ky or players from other schools, but two of the players now transferring have done that before. And we long termers remember that Treasure Hunt was a player followed since her freshman year in HS.
The further into this cycle we get, the more grateful I become, regarding the job Kellie did holding the ship together when she hit the ground.

No, I'm not sad when a rival or an opponent is beaten, but I don't celebrate because that doesn't elevate my accomplishments, but it does speak to character. As a Lady Vol fan I take little joy in Kentucky's first round loss, because the same thing happen to us in 2009 with Coach Summitt at the helm. It's March Madness, any team at any time could get bounced. As for Kyra, I couldn't be more proud of her winning the SEC as I would be if Kellie would win the SEC as a coach. It is a great achievement for her, a LVFL, and another accomplishment for the coach Summitt coaching tree. Yes, there is a lot of credence to the difference in temperament between Kyra and Holly when it comes to handling the players, but Kyra never said a negative word about it publicly, she just went to work and now she is an SEC Champion as a Coach. More than pulling for Kentucky or any other team, I will always pull for Kyra or any LVFL, because they are an extension of us. As for players, "don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash."

Jasmine is a bad influence and a player.

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious all year that there was something wrong with that team. Thought it was injuries and they got them back and figured it out, but evidently not.

Perhaps Kyra suggested strongly that the players find new locations with the recognition of rebuilding with a new set of transfers. Missouri, Miss State, LSU, Georgia, miss State, Vandy, Texas A&M and probably florida, Auburn and Alabama significantly having needs for next year .

with a smile - I doubt if any of the boards who follow any of those teams could hazard a guess on who their starting fives will be next year.

Reactions: VolBall09
It was pretty obvious all year that there was something wrong with that team. Thought it was injuries and they got them back and figured it out, but evidently not.

True..we thought Howard would've transferred last yr but suprised she came bk.

Perhaps Kyra suggested strongly that the players find new locations with the recognition of rebuilding with a new set of transfers. Missouri, Miss State, LSU, Georgia, miss State, Vandy, Texas A&M and probably florida, Auburn and Alabama significantly having needs for next year .

with a smile - I doubt if any of the boards who follow any of those teams could hazard a guess on who their starting fives will be next year.

Was thinking the same thing. Going to be a lot of new faces in the SEC and probably a lot of familiar faces in different colors.

We are in prime position to control the SEC with South Carolina next season. If we can get them I think we have a chance of running it….really do.

I think the transfer portal is forcing coaches to be more buddy buddy with their team. Kellie is an excellent example. I read somewhere that coaches now have to constantly recruit 3 times.

1. Recruit high school players.
2. Recruit players in the portal.
3. Recruit the players on your team so they won’t transfer.

I think the transfer portal is forcing coaches to be more buddy buddy with their team. Kellie is an excellent example. I read somewhere that coaches now have to constantly recruit 3 times.

1. Recruit high school players.
2. Recruit players in the portal.
3. Recruit the players on your team so they won’t transfer.

4 Recruit international

VN Store

Back