‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

AP seems confident that we lead.

Coming out of that trip there were some rumors coming out of Knoxville that he might have moved into their corner. I looked into that quite a bit before posting this those around UK are still feeling like they are in the best shot.
-KY Writer
That’s good for them.
-AP
Again it’s good the Kentucky folk feel good.
-AP
Again…I’m not gonna get in a back and forth with someone. Marrow feels confident…he always feels confident. That’s who he is. He gets some…he doesn’t get all. I’ll take my info.
-AP

Marrow using his old “every college coach in the country is racist except the 9-10 guys on the UK staff”…? It’s amazing how that works for some of these kids and their entourages.
“In a world full of racists, don’t you want to be a Kentucky wildcat?”

Yeah not getting the appeal of that sales pitch. You know what if a kid is dumb enough to buy that crap I’m good with them wasting away for four years at Kentucky.

We had 13 but LSU had 12 on the field themselves. They had a player running off the field as well if I remember correctly, off setting penalties and game should have been over.
I did not know that. I thought Reveiz had that back dead to rights on the extra play, but he slipped and the dude walked in.

“In a world full of racists, don’t you want to be a Kentucky wildcat?”

Yeah not getting the appeal of that sales pitch. You know what if a kid is dumb enough to buy that crap I’m good with them wasting away for four years at Kentucky.
Nothing racist like a state using the term “darkies” in my Old Kentucky Home.

Bowling Green, Kentucky athlete Cristian Conyer has been focused on Tennessee and Kentucky for quite sometime. He will visit both officially this month, but last weekend he was in Knoxville for another unofficial visit to Rocky Top.

"I was hanging out with some of the players that I could be staying with or winning games with," Conyer said. "It was a good time. Getting to be around them and build a relationship with them was big to me."

Being able to spend time with his 7v7 teammate Caleb Herring is one thing, but to spend time with Nico Iamaleava, John Slaughter and others is a new experience. Even with that said, he said it feels natural.

"It took me, Nico and all them like 5 min to feel like we been knowing each other forever," Conyer said. "We been trying to build relationships and get a vibe with one another and get on the same page."

He spent a good amount of time with Slaughter and Jack Luttrell. He hung out a lot with Willie Martinez and the entire group of defensive backs that were in town.

"Our DB group today was two corners and two safeties and we were talking about that's how it would be if we all come to Tennessee," Conyer said. "Coach Martinez and I have a good relationship. He's really down to earth and he's developed a lot of players in the league."

So what is the best thing that Tennessee has going for it right now?

"Their recruitment and coaches," Conyer said. "I think all the recruits see how good the coaching is and they want to be a part of being a Tennessee Vol."

The visit was laid back and Conyer loved the games they played together as a unit. He said it made them work as a team which was good for team building.

"Probably the scavenger hunt riding all through campus trying to find clues," Conyer said. "We would post it on twitter. It was just a fun day overall."

Conyer plans on announcing on his mom's birthday which is July 3rd. He has just over a month to go, but he's happy it's winding down as the process gets more tough.

"It's getting harder and harder, but I'm going to try and wait until my mom's birthday so we can have a big party."

-AP

This kid is a bit of a sleeper.

Plays for a pretty decent program in Kentucky.

Very natural for what we want to so defensively. I trust Martinez to turn this kid into another stud.

Martinez had one year with Alontae and Theo and turned them both into NFL DBs.

He could probably be 5 star type if he had better straight line speed. But he's not slow and he makes plays everywhere.

This kid is a bit of a sleeper.

Plays for a pretty decent program in Kentucky.

Very natural for what we want to so defensively. I trust Martinez to turn this kid into another stud.

Martinez had one year with Alontae and Theo and turned them both into NFL DBs.

He could probably be 5 star type if he had better straight line speed. But he's not slow and he makes plays everywhere.
It sounds like John Slaughter is definitely a silent commit. It sounds like he was here recruiting for the Vols with Jack.

VN Store

Back