KPD, Ft Sanders, & the Death of Lisa Edwards

camp_steveo

‘They treated her like she’s trash’ | Lisa Edwards’ family reacts to body camera video
Lisa Edwards died on Feb. 6, after becoming unresponsive in a KPD cruiser.

‘They treated her like she’s trash’ | Lisa Edwards’ family reacts to body camera video

KPD released the full body cam on Facebook.

I watched a few minutes. Its a tragedy that could have easily been avoided with just an ounce of compassion.

I read there will be no criminal charges against the cops.

I expect her family will sue both Ft Sanders and KPD.

Reactions: Velo Vol
I don't understand how this is not criminal negligence. But at this point I just hope the family gets paid. Not that it will help, but it will hopefully teach the responsible parties a lesson or two.

I don't understand how this is not criminal negligence. But at this point I just hope the family gets paid. Not that it will help, but it will hopefully teach the responsible parties a lesson or two.
It would be good to know why she was alone during all that. There may well have been good reason her family wasn't there. But if they couldn't be troubled to look after her, I don't know that they're due compensation.

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
I place most of the blame on ft sanders. If she wasn't healthy enough to be released she shouldn't have been. I too question her family. Why weren't they there? The cops really don't have a mechanism of dealing with someone like this.

I want to know what the hospital personnel told the cops prior to having her arrested for trespassing.

It looked like she was considerably better at the beginning of the video and deteriorated rapidly starting when the police arrived. The way that she was breathing when she was in the back of the car and it was traveling, the officer should have immediately turned around and headed back to the hospital. Maybe he couldn’t hear it over the road noise and the mic was very sensitive. It should have been apparent to anybody that could hear her labored breathing that she was in extreme distress.

It’s heartbreaking. Unfortunately cops have to deal with a lot of **** about everyday and they weren’t able to differentiate between somebody faking and her having an actual health crisis.

Wasn't really the cops job to dtermine medical condition. This is more on the hospital and the family equally. If they didn't think she was also faking, one of them should have been present. They popped up for negligence payments after the fact.

Reactions: malinoisvol

VN Store

Back