Knuckleball

Dickey is interesting in that he places his fingernails on the leather of the ball, not the seams as most do. He feels like there’s potential for too much spin if the nails are on the seams.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
Hard as I tried for years, never could pull that off. Best I could do was a no spinning meat ball. Great doc. So ready for baseball

I watched this documentary over the weekend. Healthy dose of R.A. Dickey in it. It was good. Available on Amazon Prime and other services.
Thanks for the heads up! Have always been fascinated with the pitchers who go the route of this pitch. You can live or die or both in the same game. Win the Cy Young one season and lose 20 the next. Hope it never dies.

Read his book.
Wherever I Wind Up: My Quest for Truth, Authenticity, and the Perfect Knuckleball

He's a very interesting cat with a lot of struggles to reach his dreams. Grew up with alcoholic parents, suffered child sexual assault, etc. It's a real story of perseverance

Reactions: @1RBFjr
Not sure if I've posted this story before, but here it goes.

I played on the 94 and 95 teams. First off, RA is a really good dude and was a riot back at UT. I quit playing catch and warming up with RA because without warning he would uncork a knuckleball and naturally hit me in the nether regions. I wasn't the only one this happened to. I remember back then thinking, "these are the nastiest knuckleballs I've ever seen, practically impossible to catch."

Good times and great documentary.

Not sure if I've posted this story before, but here it goes.

I played on the 94 and 95 teams. First off, RA is a really good dude and was a riot back at UT. I quit playing catch and warming up with RA because without warning he would uncork a knuckleball and naturally hit me in the nether regions. I wasn't the only one this happened to. I remember back then thinking, "these are the nastiest knuckleballs I've ever seen, practically impossible to catch."

Good times and great documentary.

That truly is a "cool story bro". LOL

VN Store

Back