KNS Article about Evans availability Saturday. [team injury updates]

You know... your name is Vol trapped in Bama but your posts are a lot like just a regular ol' bammer troll.

Small is a very good RB. He and Evans are pretty similar in size, running style, and speed. Small began catching and passing Chandler last year. When even quasi healthy this year, he's run the ball well.

I really like the Evans / Small combo at RB.

Huge if true and could be the difference in the game.

But odd that the line hasn't moved for the game. Still at 2 1/2.

I think a lot more of it comes down to UT making some big plays on D than others seem to. I don't think UT has the talent across the board at every position to stop OM like Bama did. But UT is good at TFL's. Their front 4 have been really good against the run and especially in "streaks". But that's what UT needs in this game. Streaks of big defensive plays even if they give up yards and points otherwise. UT needs the D to focus on stealing possessions for the O. They don't need to even look at the scoreboard.

On the other side, UT can't bust coverages like Arkansas did. Their big 2 WR's had 4 catches. Two went for TD's and both were badly blown coverages. Another went for around 60 yards on a busted coverage. Three out of 4 plays they made were huge and three of those weren't great plays... just really bad defense.
100 percent agree!

Very good point. I guess I'm more looking at the big play. But in this game. Maybe the hard 4-7yard runs will be best.
Yep. And since Kiffin is probably thinking the same way... Hooker will probably throw for 600 yards.

Seriously though this would be THE best possible game for a guy like Beckwith to show up. They like to play small.

Even running max tempo UT can keep their O off the field longer running the ball. Their game with Arkansas was not what most think about when you say 52-51. By the time the game went truly wild in the 4th qtr both teams were running almost at will.

PS- Jefferson was the better passer in that game except for a INT. He was 25-35 for 326 yds 3 TD's and 1 INT. He pretty consistently found and hit open receivers. He rushed for 85 yds. Corral was 14/21 with two TD's and 287 yds but around 190 of those yards came on 3 busted coverages. Arkansas had a good game plan for limiting Corral passing.

So who IS the next man up? Aren't Small and Young out too?

I can’t answer that question. From what I’ve seen this year, I have confidence in the staff/team to place personnel on the field and to give them the opportunity to win. Just last week Vols had a bench player who was ready to go and ended up SEC player of the week.

I have less faith in comments on this site (although very entertaining).

Even if Evans plays, he will be limited. This is not good for us. We NEED our best back healthy for this game. He is our biggest play maker and without him, our Offense isn't the same.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
You know... your name is Vol trapped in Bama but your posts are a lot like just a regular ol' bammer troll.

Small is a very good RB. He and Evans are pretty similar in size, running style, and speed. Small began catching and passing Chandler last year. When even quasi healthy this year, he's run the ball well.
Small has exceptional pad level too.

Reactions: Pacer92 and sjt18
Evans will play. Much to the chagrin of some.
Something you know or just conjecture?

I tend to think he will play based on the very few things we actually "know". He was bouncing around after the injury last Saturday. He walked off after the game under his own power without a limp. He was limited early in the week probably to take treatment but Heupel indicated he had been progressively more involved.

Ankles are tricky but it didn't look like a terrible injury when it happened. Maybe it got inflamed or he didn't respond well to treatment... but just my modestly educated guess is that he will play and be healthy enough to run like usual.

VN Store

Back