Knoxvillians know that soft-bread love in their bones, but nobody seems to know exactly where it comes from

Steamed sandwiches are an abomination just as are hot potato salad, iced coffee, fried cheese, and myriad other edibles that are consumed other than conventionally accepted formats. All such foodstuffs emanate from the gastronomic hellhole that is Yankeedom.
We don’t really do that s*** in “Yankeedom”. We prefer good food 😂

It's amazing how expensive those sandwich steamers are. I'd love to have one....the old school ones. Pshoooosh-pshoooosh-pshooooosh! Three pumps and watch the steam!

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
The go to for steamed sandwiches in Johnson City used to be Poor Richard's by ETSU. Sadly it's been closed for years, and I noticed this week they are tearing the building down as well 😥

Reactions: volfanbill and MAD
The go to for steamed sandwiches in Johnson City used to be Poor Richard's by ETSU. Sadly it's been closed for years, and I noticed this week they are tearing the building down as well 😥
Oh man. That place was an institution. I remember there was Poor Richard's and Richard A's? is that right?

Reactions: MAD
Oh man. That place was an institution. I remember there was Poor Richard's and Richard A's? is that right?
When I was there it was Poor Richard's downtown, next to campus and Poor Richard's Uptown near the mall. I'm sad they are both gone for good. Kingsport has lost Woodstone now too. Stupid pandemic.

A friend of mine has a local band that used to play at woodstone. I was hoping to catch a show and a sandwich there sometime. Stinks they're closed.
The owner moved to Bull's Gap apparently. It could reopen under a new owner. It's done that several times over the years. But who knows.

At least I still have Model City.

Reactions: 2EastTnVols

VN Store

Back