Knoxville radio

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I like to go to UTsports.com, click on "Listen Live" and sync up Bob Kessling and Bert Bertelkamp with the TV Broadcast, makes me feel like I'm back home in the mountains of East Tennessee...

My wife hates it because it's so loud, but she's a dang Georgia girl who only wants the Vols to win because I showed my ass one too many times when we were dating or newlyweds - I've gotten better over the years.

Good luck. They’re all pretty boring iyam.

Id much rather listen to VQ podcasts. At least they bring relevant information and are usually accurate.

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I like to go to UTsports.com, click on "Listen Live" and sync up Bob Kessling and Bert Bertelkamp with the TV Broadcast, makes me feel like I'm back home in the mountains of East Tennessee...

My wife hates it because it's so loud, but she's a dang Georgia girl who only wants the Vols to win because I showed my ass one too many times when we were dating or newlyweds - I've gotten better over the years.

I bought a "audio delay module" several years ago and do the same thing through my Sony receiver. About halfway through the 1st half the talking heads on the major networks will find everything imaginable to talk about besides the game. The older I get, the less patience I have for it.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
I used to like listening to the Swain event in the morning when I lived in Florida.Jason with Charlie Burris and Ben Mcgee were good as far as I am concerned.The Josh and Swain show-when is it on the radio and what station can I listen to it.I live in Baxter now (close to Cookville)used to live in Crossville.

Reactions: CPA
Josh ward is a pro. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get an ESPN/Fox Sports type job in the future (if that’s what he wanted). Swain is good, but sometimes these former players come off as know-it-alls instead of journalists (Ainge big time). I really like John Wilkerson. Wish he had Kesling’s job.

I can't stand listening to Ainge. At least Swain jokes about sounding like a know it all sometimes. Ainge just acts like he truly believes he knows it all.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I know their has been a million posts about Knoxville radio but fanrun is the worse. The early show should be called nonfan radio. The owner talks crap nonstop about Barnes and so do his minions. Drives me crazy. Barnes keeps us in the top ten year in year out but it’s still not good enough. Then you have terrible Tyler Ivens and Florida fan Logan ward on 990. It’s awful. We deserve better.

I have a heart attack level solution to your dilemma. Don't listen to their show. There are certain TV and streaming media series that include material I find objectable. I actually wrote and emailed them to kindly place a TV rating to forewarn any parent/grandparent of this type of content. I was summarily ignored. So, I discontinued being a customer. Walking away from sheet shovelers, is surprisingly easy.

I have a heart attack level solution to your dilemma. Don't listen to their show. There are certain TV and streaming media series that include material I find objectable. I actually wrote and emailed them to kindly place a TV rating to forewarn any parent/grandparent of this type of content. I was summarily ignored. So, I discontinued being a customer. Walking away from sheet shovelers, is surprisingly easy.
That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

Reactions: DublinVol33
Thank you for the advice. I never really thought about turning it off. The more you know.

Thank you for the advice. I never really thought about turning it off. The more you know.

Garbage in garbage out still in play. The more facts you know is useful, more opinion not so much. The only show I would SELECTIVELY listen to has been the Animal Hyams/Wilkerson show, and then discounted the daily callers BUT valued the professional contributors they have on. Just let the rest go right on by. Hate that Wilkerson is being moved to mornings and that afternoon show format will PROBABLY be relaced with more yack yack (if I understood the announcement of post Hyams lineups). Hoping moving Wilkerson was moved to make him available for more play by play options. He sometimes seems to be trying to be politically correct, but does not go overboard with any analysis.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back