Knoxville radio

When someone is trying too hard, it usually means one of two things. Either they are trying to fake the fact that they don't give a damn, or they have a big personality and they are just truly passionate about whatever that thing is. I assure you with T, it's the latter.
Where can one listen to Basillo?

I'm seeing more Tyler hate on here than is deserved. He's doing a one-man show right now, which is very difficult. I get it that his delivery isn't for everyone, but the guy is a very hard worker, and his life is his show. Also, he knows more about baseball than any other media member in town.

He was bad before he was a one man show. It’s unlistenable.

The audio quality is pretty poor but you can also find his hot takes on there in a blog format along with the latest updates from his "inside sources". It can be enjoyable to read and/or listen to if you just want the latest gossip about the program.

If you can’t take criticism then a public facing role likely isn’t for you.
Have you ever seen the episode of Seinfeld where he finds out where his heckler works? He goes to her office and boos her while she sits behind her desk. It's too bad we can't make that happen here. Heather Harrington would have been at a lot of offices in the Knoxville area.

The audio quality is pretty poor but you can also find his hot takes on there in a blog format along with the latest updates from his "inside sources". It can be enjoyable to read and/or listen to if you just want the latest gossip about the program.
Gossip is correct.

OK, well just remember this isn’t Mike Greenberg you’re talking about. These guys live in the community and they probably read this stuff.
Tyler brings it on himself. He talks in the third person constantly. Way over the top and just blatantly stretches the truth constantly. And the media talk about athletes all the time so we can talk about the media. Local or not.

knoxville radio lost their most talented host when will west decided to move on. i didnt realize how much he carried josh ward and the afternoon show when they were together until he was moved to mornings. worst thing they did was put josh and heather together, should have just called it what it was..."how can we make a conversation about UT Football transition into a way to talk about our kids" the one who disappoints me most is erik ainge. he just comes across as a guy who thinks he is cool but just acts like a jack-a. now, to be fair, i consider myself a personal friend of basilio, so you can take what i say for what its worth, but like him or not, tony is the one host in knoxville who cares the most about his listeners. i have little doubt that if tony knew a listener had a problem, and he could help, he would do anything he could to help them. and tony is the one who will let people have their say, more than others, even when he does not agree with them. professor hyamms will just try to brow beat you and try to act like he is so much smarter than you. he is pretty smart when it comes to golf and tennis, and has a lot of book knowledge, but when you move much past that he is a day or two behind the rest of the area when it comes to what is moving the needle. john wilkerson is the backbone of that show and i think that show when jimmy is not there
Will was great! Crazy how much that show has gotten worse since him and Eric left.

1. Brian Rice/Ainge
2. Josh/Swain
3. John/Jimmy

All pretty good.

Morning show. Sucks. The only decent listen was Will West. Tyler Ivins and Heather. Ugghh.

Reactions: Backwards K
LeBatard is so woke that he couldn’t even get along with the brass at espn. Stugotz made him.
Political people just flat out suck. No matter the side or stance. People should really just keep their stupid party affiliation opinions to themselves. Nobody with any free thinking gives a damn about red or blue or opinions. I guess it's good when political sheep expose themselves. At least the rest of us know who they are so we know who's brain is missing cylinders.

Reactions: Jravol78
I'm seeing more Tyler hate on here than is deserved. He's doing a one-man show right now, which is very difficult. I get it that his delivery isn't for everyone, but the guy is a very hard worker, and his life is his show. Also, he knows more about baseball than any other media member in town.
Hope you’re doing well, Tyler.

Hope you’re doing well, Tyler.
Nah, I'm not Tyler. But as I've said in the past, I worked in radio for a long time, and I know the time commitment and dedication required to do a good show. I just don't like the bashing these guys take on here sometimes.

OK, well just remember this isn’t Mike Greenberg you’re talking about. These guys live in the community and they probably read this stuff.

maybe he needs to remember that himself the next time he says something about a player, a coach, the admin, or the fanbase

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
maybe he needs to remember that himself the next time he says something about a player, a coach, the admin, or the fanbase
That’s what I’m saying. This guy is mad about us saying something negative about our local media but it’s okay for them to talk about our local teams. I’m not perfect by no means, and I do get judged by my performance on my 9-5. It’s just certain local media think they’re are so much more than they are.

That’s what I’m saying. This guy is mad about us saying something negative about our local media but it’s okay for them to talk about our local teams. I’m not perfect by no means, and I do get judged by my performance on my 9-5. It’s just certain local media think they’re are so much more than they are.

Not really. We are constantly judged on only two things: ratings and revenue. Anybody who thinks that way is brought back down to earth the first time the ratings book reflects that attitude.

Reactions: CPA and Panthro
It’s 85 percent Titans with the rest Vols and a little vandy lol… this past year VFL Ron Slay liked to talk about the Vols quite a bit, FB and BB.. you can also tell he likes the Preds too 😂
On 104.5, its a whole lot of talk about how great nashville is and what movies or songs they like. Then they talk about titans for 8 minutes then back to how great nashville is and what movies or songs they like. At least 102.5 talks sports all the time.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Looking for opinions on the best, most comprehensive coverage of Vols sports on the radio. I know there are a few options, but what are pros and cons of each?

VN Store

Back