Knoxville radio

DublinVol33

I know their has been a million posts about Knoxville radio but fanrun is the worse. The early show should be called nonfan radio. The owner talks crap nonstop about Barnes and so do his minions. Drives me crazy. Barnes keeps us in the top ten year in year out but it’s still not good enough. Then you have terrible Tyler Ivens and Florida fan Logan ward on 990. It’s awful. We deserve better.

I know their has been a million posts about Knoxville radio but fanrun is the worse. The early show should be called nonfan radio. The owner talks crap nonstop about Barnes and so do his minions. Drives me crazy. Barnes keeps us in the top ten year in year out but it’s still not good enough. Then you have terrible Tyler Ivens and Florida fan Logan ward on 990. It’s awful. We deserve better.
The Early Show is difficult to listen to and has been for years They finally got rid of Heather, but the show is still terrible.

Yeah this is the morning show guy I think? It’s pretty bad. Basilio is the worst I’ve ever listened to though. Sounds like he’s in his basement.
https://twitter.com/VolRumorMill?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Funny I was thinking about posting something earlier. My dad was listening to knoxville sports radio about 430ish, not sure who the guys were but it was painful to hear. One caller was asking about recruits. He mentioned "the Bradley kid from Missouri" and the guys were confused for a minute and didn't know who he was talking about, then when they finally figured it out they gave the generic response how he needs to put on weight and won't be an impact guy this fall as a freshman. First I knew exactly who the caller was talking about the second he gave the description, it's Chandavian Bradley. Second, EVERY freshman needs to put on weight and very few make an impact as freshman. These guys knew nothing and have watched zero tape on our signees. Then he mentioned the DB in the portal from Ole Miss and even mentioned he was from New Jersey. Of course they had zero clue, guessed some other Ole Miss DB in the portal, then to top it off said he wouldn't make a big impact year one because he was a freshman who saw limited playing time for Ole Miss. Really? He was asking about Davison Igbinosun who is the best player left in the portal, started 10 games and was a stud. These guys are just not knowledgeable. Most the posters on this board would be better hosts. I was just shaking my head laughing...

I usually go the podcast or YouTube route. Usually whatever YouTube suggests at this point is Vol related and relevant. Any shows that anyone has to suggest in particular?

Reactions: volanatic and Pappy
Nashville sports talk is horrible all they talk about is the titans show after show after show all day long.the vols get very little talk time that's why I listen to 99.1 online all the time
It’s 85 percent Titans with the rest Vols and a little vandy lol… this past year VFL Ron Slay liked to talk about the Vols quite a bit, FB and BB.. you can also tell he likes the Preds too 😂

Josh ward is a pro. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get an ESPN/Fox Sports type job in the future (if that’s what he wanted). Swain is good, but sometimes these former players come off as know-it-alls instead of journalists (Ainge big time). I really like John Wilkerson. Wish he had Kesling’s job.

Nashville sports talk is horrible all they talk about is the titans show after show after show all day long.the vols get very little talk time that's why I listen to 99.1 online all the time
I agree with you though, it gets boring always listening to Titans stuff, I don’t care about their GM or the owner or who likes Tannehill or how bad the Oline is or the freakish amount of injuries.. it’s show after show of the same stuff

Listen to LeBatard. Get over the politics shat. I agree it's annoying. But his show is by far the most interesting show on the radio

Funny I was thinking about posting something earlier. My dad was listening to knoxville sports radio about 430ish, not sure who the guys were but it was painful to hear. One caller was asking about recruits. He mentioned "the Bradley kid from Missouri" and the guys were confused for a minute and didn't know who he was talking about, then when they finally figured it out they gave the generic response how he needs to put on weight and won't be an impact guy this fall as a freshman. First I knew exactly who the caller was talking about the second he gave the description, it's Chandavian Bradley. Second, EVERY freshman needs to put on weight and very few make an impact as freshman. These guys knew nothing and have watched zero tape on our signees. Then he mentioned the DB in the portal from Ole Miss and even mentioned he was from New Jersey. Of course they had zero clue, guessed some other Ole Miss DB in the portal, then to top it off said he wouldn't make a big impact year one because he was a freshman who saw limited playing time for Ole Miss. Really? He was asking about Davison Igbinosun who is the best player left in the portal, started 10 games and was a stud. These guys are just not knowledgeable. Most the posters on this board would be better hosts. I was just shaking my head laughing...
Ohh that’s bad lol

Reactions: Jpcisco
Josh ward is a pro. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get an ESPN/Fox Sports type job in the future (if that’s what he wanted). Swain is good, but sometimes these former players come off as know-it-alls instead of journalists (Ainge big time). I really like John Wilkerson. Wish he had Kesling’s job.

Josh award would fit in well with ESPN/Disney. When can he go?

You would think with all the VFL’s working for 104.5 in Nashville it would be majority Vol talk but you’re right, they only talk pro sports…and outside of the topics the shows themselves are horrible, hard to follow, and EVERYONE thinks they’re hilarious when they’re not. I’m all for throwing in a little comedy here and there, but what’s up with always having non-sports topics trying to get chuckles out of people…I don’t get it

I find myself mainly listening to ESPN U on XM radio especially during Full Ride at Lunch. Chris Childers lives in Nashville and covers Tennessee a lot. Rick Neuheiesle seems to always have good insight and nice things to say about Tennessee.

You would think with all the VFL’s working for 104.5 in Nashville it would be majority Vol talk but you’re right, they only talk pro sports…and outside of the topics the shows themselves are horrible, hard to follow, and EVERYONE thinks they’re hilarious when they’re not. I’m all for throwing in a little comedy here and there, but what’s up with always having non-sports topics trying to get chuckles out of people…I don’t get it

In the market the size of Nashville, the corporate people have done heavy research on listenership and the content is tied to that, for better or for worse. If a corporate consultant looking at numbers says you have to spend the majority of your time talking about the Titans, then that’s what the hosts have to do. Based on their ratings, it seems like it’s working. I’m in Nashville with my job two or three days a month now, and I would certainly prefer more of it, but what they do talk is still better than the sports talk I get in Atlanta, which is all pro sports and very little college.

In the market the size of Nashville, the corporate people have done heavy research on listenership and the content is tied to that, for better or for worse. If a corporate consultant looking at numbers says you have to spend the majority of your time talking about the Titans, then that’s what the hosts have to do. Based on their ratings, it seems like it’s working. I’m in Nashville with my job two or three days a month now, and I would certainly prefer more of it, but what they do talk is still better than the sports talk I get in Atlanta, which is all pro sports and very little college.
I have always felt that Nashville sports radio put in a bunch of VFLs to pacify us, and then gives them allotted times to talk about it 😂 so, I guess that is a possibility.. is Nashville really just interested in the Titans? 😂 Maybe with all of the transplants.. it boggles the mind

Reactions: Post4Vols
I have always felt that Nashville sports radio put in a bunch of VFLs to pacify us, and then gives them allotted times to talk about it 😂 so, I guess that is a possibility.. is Nashville really just interested in the Titans? 😂 Maybe with all of the transplants.. it boggles the mind

All of the transplants make it a tough market to talk college sports in. Think of it like this, everybody that listens to sports talk in Nashville has some relationship with the Titans. It’s either their favorite team, or they don’t like them because they were a fan of another team before the Titans moved in. Either way, they are probably going to listen to the Titans discussion because it has a direct impact on their sports fandom. They might watch predators hockey, they might not, and they will probably tune out if there is too much discussion of hockey.

But with college sports, if they are devoting more than one segment to talking Tennessee sports, anybody who is a fan of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Florida, wherever the long list of transplants has fit into the city, they will tune out because they don’t care about the back up wide receiver for the Vols at all. And that’s the battle they fight, serving the big chunk of their audience that cheers for the University of Tennessee, without chasing off the even larger portion of their audience that does not.

As far as entertainment I like talk sports at noon est on fan run. They cover sports and entertainment. Pretty funny at times. Since I work out in the afternoon I listen to the drive with Russell and Bear.

Reactions: volsack

VN Store

Back