Knox News

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
looks like there's some stuff about McClain and UT hosting 200 recruits....little help somebody

You know the article is about the offensive lineman Antoine McClain, and not the basketball player Anthony McClain right?

I mean, if you still want to know about the article, I can sift through it and sum it up for you, but I just want to make sure you aren't thinking of the other guy.

wow. 200. That's unbelievable. No wonder tickets were free the coaches wanted them to see a good atmosphere.

Not all of them are going to take their offers most of them are going to choose another school over Tennessee.

Ya think? I was hoping UT would have a signing class of about 189 kids next year. :wacko:

Well the guy was talking like all of them wanted to go hear so "let the elimination process start"

As far as the prospects that were there, coincidentally, Brent Hubbs said that Antoine McClain looked the best. He said that he is huge.

We have 13-15 on roster which is right where you need to be. We have some young guys and some busts on that list though so it doesn't look as good. It is definitely our biggest recruiting priority though.

We have 13-15 on roster which is right where you need to be. We have some young guys and some busts on that list though so it doesn't look as good. It is definitely our biggest recruiting priority though.

Right, and when I said depth I meant we don't have a wealth of SEC capable O-lineman. :thumbsup:

That is true but we can't have 25 OL on scholarship just because 15 of them can't play. We have to even out the distribution.

The OL is one of the hardest areas to evaluate and recruit. The good thing is that we can fill that need almost completely instate this year.

O yeah, the TVA from back in the day was a blocking juggernaught. We've gotten away from recruiting alot of OL instate, though alot of the recent ones have been busts. Hopefully we get back into this year.

He says we are his favorite team since he grew up watching UT and knows the most about them. He said by no means is he sold on staying in-state, though. Right now Tennessee and Georgia seem to be the top two schools of choice for him.

VN Store

Back