Kitchen Ranges

CagleMtnVol

Seeing the thread on refrigerators I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation on new kitchen oven ranges.

My mother is needing a new one.

It needs to be an all electric oven and cooking top.

Thanks.

Seeing the thread on refrigerators I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation on new kitchen oven ranges.

My mother is needing a new one.

It needs to be an all electric oven and cooking top.

Thanks.
My wife loves her glass top Whirlpool Model # WFE525S0HZ.

Reactions: Guest
I've tried but she insists on a standard coil cooktop.
Well try again.:cool: How old is she? Tell her Mal from VN has one & that should be good enough for her to have one. Seriously. glass tops are a way to go. I’ve got one, Frigidaire 10 years old & never a problem. Something I’ve noticed, if there’s a “Pre Heat” switch for the oven they cost more than those that don’t have it

Reactions: Go aeiou
I believe many of the brands are owned by a few companies eg. Whirlpool/Frigidaire same company. If she's not into high end (sounds like she isn't) then any of them are probably fine - check the ratings on Home Depot/Best Buy/Lowes

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
She cooks and so do I now in mostly cast iron. Do they hold up to the weight.

Yes, they hold up. Of course it's ceramic so you cannot drop any weight on it. My mother-in-law cooks with a 10" cast iron skillet and it works great.

The con is the glass is harder to clean than the baked enamel.

I have the older model of the below link for 11 years. No problems. And I love two ovens. I would buy it again.

Kenmore Elite 96043 6.7 cu. ft. Double Oven Electric Range with True Convection - Stainless | Kenmore

No way to convince her to go gas? Gas + cast iron is the way to go. If not, you might consider an induction cooktop. Super-quick heating and cooling times, as long as you have the right pots and pans.

VN Store

Back