Kirk Herbstreit

The guys claim to fame is always being 2nd string

Didn’t cut it at OSU and is 2nd seat to an 80 yr old analyst who forgets all the time.
KH’s weight gain over the past few years is juxtaposed to his diminishing influence. He’s bigger and smaller, simultaneously. Speaking of weight…his opinions have rarely been weighty in nature.

Reactions: feathersax
Herbstreit, Thammel, Forde, and especially Wolken are very much so Schiano loyalists!!! They will bring it up every opportunity they can because their boy didn't get a multi-million dollars salary on UT's dime. It is so telling that none of them have spoken to the fact that all all the D1 openings that have come open prior to Rutgers......no one gave that guy a glance, not even Herbie's beloved OSU....Day didn't even retain the guy.

Clay Travis is an idiot
Who?

He's just a provocateur now. Life's too short for that schtick. He plays to the cavemen now.
I used to enjoy his take on sports, but now he is an hyperbolic instigator raising blood pressures for no good reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: driscokid
Looks like I'm in the minority but I like the guy and don't think his comments on this issue were out of line.

Having said that I thought Pete Thamel's comments were over the top.

Herbstreit is great. He’s anyways been very fair to Tennessee and promoted Tennessee when we’re down. We have some in our fan base who just hate everybody and can’t stand objectivity.

The things that rile people up and take up other’s offenses never cease to amaze me SMH. 😂😂

VN Store

Back