King James Says that Summitt's teams would have defeated Staley's teams

There are flaws and questions...first..Tennessee has a much larger pool by virtue of the sheer domination it displayed for many years vs us (South Carolina) with a decade of what you will call success...but not really domination. I would absolutely say that Tennessee should win that match up and I would think any Gamecock fan would concede that. I do not understand why a national athlete with no ties to either school who endorses products nationally that both schools fans may purchase...would weigh in on that subject. It may be a true statement but he gains nothing from taking a stand. I would have just refused to answer if I was hawking products nationwide...but that's just me....

Because he is LeBron James and he can. Trust me it won’t hurt his pockets and was he not supposed to state his opinion?

Dawn could have just as easily chose not to respond but she did... you know why? Because it’s all in fun 🤣

Serious question... is women’s basketball the most successful sport at that school? I use to love their track team as I am a track head. I know you guys have Equestrian sports too which is pretty cool.

Because he is LeBron James and he can. Trust me it won’t hurt his pockets and was he not supposed to state his opinion?

Dawn could have just as easily chose not to respond but she did... you know why? Because it’s all in fun 🤣

Serious question... is women’s basketball the most successful sport at that school? I use to love their track team as I am a track head. I know you guys have Equestrian sports too which is pretty cool.
I would say yes......it is the most successful but the baseball team has two CWS titles in a row 2011-12. The reason is...we put the same emphasis on every sport. It's not "just" the football program that gets attention. The facilities are new across the board from track....softball...tennis....volleyball...equestrian...golf... the whole works. They actually cater to the student-athlete rather than the athlete-student if you get what I am saying. Spreading the wealth will always cost you in major sports....clemsux would be a prime example...the football program gets wads of money and attention but the other sports are not attended by the masses....we average (WBB) more in one game, than clemsux attracts their entire season....

That Lady Vols starting five is the best lineup in the history of Women's Basketball.
One of the best. You would also have to give props to an all-time Southern California "Ladys' of Troy" lineup of Cheryl Miller, Lisa Leslie, Cynthia Cooper, Tina Thompson and Pamela McGee. Wow! What a game vs our Lady Vols. Both could win a few out of ten.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
One of the best. You would also have to give props to an all-time Southern California "Ladys' of Troy" lineup of Cheryl Miller, Lisa Leslie, Cynthia Cooper, Tina Thompson and Pamela McGee. Wow! What a game vs our Lady Vols. Both could win a few out of ten.
That matchup would be epic !

Yes Sir King James, Coach Summitts teams would have beaten Coach Staley's teams, but It might be closer than some of us think, 6 or 7 out of 10 games. Coach Staley's offense would be a factor, but the Lady Vols defense, athleticism, and mental toughness would win out. I have the great privilege of being a Lady Vols fanatic who lives in South Carolina. Trust me when I tell you that the Lady Gamecock Women's Basketball program was marginal at best before Dawn Staley arrived, and now she has built a championship caliber program in a relatively short period of time, which is to be applauded. But be it active players or coaches, Coach Summitt influence still reigns over the whole of women's basketball. Now as for that blue team, lets take the top 15 players from each program and lets roll the dice, Lady Vols by 1point in a finals game. YOU KNOW ITS TRUE, LADY VOLS FOR LIFE.
Summitt-Staley-Handshake.jpg

VN Store

Back