Kind of happy for Wolf

Can’t say that I am. Does that make me petty? Yep, sure as Hell does. I just don’t like guys making in conference transfers. There are plenty of other D1 schools that aren’t in the SEC or even SEC East he could go to.

Well I guess next time he should clear it with you.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Well I guess next time he should clear it with you.

I already admitted I was being petty about it. But yeah that’s fine, I just haven’t felt like calling Phil or Sankey back yet to give them my blessing on transfer protocol. I’ll let you know how it goes though .

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If he was recruited over here, then what exactly does he think he‘s walking into talent wise at UGA?
At the TE position, not much. As was pointed out in another thread, the only experienced TE on the roster was Charlie Woerner and he played behind Nauta for the most part (even though Nauta didn't get used a lot). Now, another question was who did UT bring in that was that much better than a kid whose brother played there and has experience in the SEC (at least some)?

As for transferring to a rival, it may be a still close to home kind of thing.

At the TE position, not much. As was pointed out in another thread, the only experienced TE on the roster was Charlie Woerner and he played behind Nauta for the most part (even though Nauta didn't get used a lot). Now, another question was who did UT bring in that was that much better than a kid whose brother played there and has experience in the SEC (at least some)?

As for transferring to a rival, it may be a still close to home kind of thing.

I guess I wasn’t quite aware of your depth chart situation at TE so I get that part. However, I just don’t really care for transfers to a rival, even grad transfers. If you’ve played long enough to be a grad transfer at Tennessee I feel like you should have a healthy disdain for UGA or just about any other SEC school and would never consider going there. He’s from Ohio, so the whole close to home thing doesn’t come into play.

Maybe if UGA is the best decision for him to have an opportunity to make it to the NFL I won’t fault him for that, but I can’t imagine that was the only good option . Oh well it doesn’t matter what I think, it is what it is.

I guess I wasn’t quite aware of your depth chart situation at TE so I get that part. However, I just don’t really care for transfers to a rival, even grad transfers. If you’ve played long enough to be a grad transfer at Tennessee I feel like you should have a healthy disdain for UGA or just about any other SEC school and would never consider going there. He’s from Ohio, so the whole close to home thing doesn’t come into play.

Maybe if UGA is the best decision for him to have an opportunity to make it to the NFL I won’t fault him for that, but I can’t imagine that was the only good option . Oh well it doesn’t matter what I think, it is what it is.
Ohio huh? Yeah, he got farther away from home so I guess the NFL possibility was his reasoning (or he felt the way many of you do about Guarantano well before this year started).

To your other point, I have often felt like that about coaching or questioned how they do it. UGA had a defensive player who played there all 4 years and is now a coach with UF. How the heck do they do it? I know it happens (Kirby at Bama, Spurrier at USC, etc.) but just can't understand it other than going where the paycheck is.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

I think the old school way of thinking about it. I don’t think most players really get into the rivalry hatred anymore and haven’t for a while. They see potential paths to the NFL and if that means going to a rival so be it.

Plus would you really have turned away Jalen Hurts if he had decided he wanted to transfer to Tennessee? I’d welcome with open arms.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Ohio huh? Yeah, he got farther away from home so I guess the NFL possibility was his reasoning (or he felt the way many of you do about Guarantano well before this year started).

To your other point, I have often felt like that about coaching or questioned how they do it. UGA had a defensive player who played there all 4 years and is now a coach with UF. How the heck do they do it? I know it happens (Kirby at Bama, Spurrier at USC, etc.) but just can't understand it other than going where the paycheck is.

Pretty sure you just answered your own question with your last sentence. Plus that’s happened forever. Fulmer was an assistant coach at Vandy.

VN Store

Back