Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Eh, she leaned in. Not sure you call that there, though. And they absolutely want The Fightin’ Clarks in the Final.

Just saw it again. She does shift her feet to the left a tiny bit at the last second, just enough to hammer
the defender. Even so, it was too slight to make that kind of offensive foul call on the last play of the game. You just can't. That
was nothing compared to most of the leaning out and throwing out of the leg picks that we often. To call that with
the clock winding down, it has to be completely egregious--and it wasn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volstylexx
She didn't lean. She was set. We've all seen a TON of leans and throwing out of the leg, and that didn't happen. I was pulling for iowa
all the way--but UConn got hosed with that bush-league call. You can't call that there.
She was set. She did lean though.

Again, not sure you make that call there.

Has Cora Hall gotten any good information on the coaching search? I haven't seen anything. As the local beat reporter covering the women's program, she should have--but I don't think she's come up with anything. Her pieces listing various "candidates" were nothing--anybody could
do that--no real reporting required.

Happy Iowa won that game. The worst thing was the promos for WNBA draft -- knowing our Rickea is third best, but not a word about her. VOLS need to get back to who they use to be.

Rickea has been snubbed so often now that I'm beginning to fear she'll also be snubbed on Draft Day. 😲 I keep wondering what possible reasons people could keep dissing her like they are. Is there something we don't know? Has someone made a deal with the devil against her? What?

Has Cora Hall gotten any good information on the coaching search? I haven't seen anything. As the local beat reporter covering the women's program, she should have--but I don't think she's come up with anything. Her pieces listing various "candidates" were nothing--anybody could
When Heupel became coach, White didn't let anything slip. We heard rumors James Franklin turned us down, but unlike previous searches, had no real clues.

She was very "anti- Kara Lawson" yesterday in her youtube interview. Not because she didn't like her but because she says Danny White understands this is such a pivotal moment for the program and that we have to have a splash hire. She's been consistent in that approach since Kellie's firing. If the reports that the contract/firing was leaked to her then the fact that she thinks we need a splash hire suggests she also knew the direction the AD would look when they started their search.

Just saw it again. She does shift her feet to the left a tiny bit at the last second, just enough to hammer
the defender. Even so, it was too slight to make that kind of offensive foul call on the last play of the game. You just can't. That
was nothing compared to most of the leaning out and throwing out of the leg picks that we often. To call that with
the clock winding down, it has to be completely egregious--and it wasn't.
If you call it at the start and middle of the game then it should be called at the end.

When Heupel became coach, White didn't let anything slip. We heard rumors James Franklin turned us down, but unlike previous searches, had no real clues.
Because a lot of coaches turned us down during that search. If he wanted Heupel first, he would have taken him first and not waited so long. He got told no ALOT. Heupel has worked out for us obviously.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back