Kiffin >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley

I agree that Kiffin is looking like a good HC but to be fare he had a losing HC record coming into the Tennessee job and lost to a UCLA team that we were favored to win and more talented.

I don't know...10-2 this year...with a team that couldn't go to a bowl or play for a national championship.

If played, they would have waxed us about 38-10 or some such.

The coach could be the biggest douchebag on the planet, but if he was winning here, we'd support him.

"Character" isn't as important as some people try to make it sound.

With the recruits anyone could get at USC, I could look like a good coach. I do think he can coach though, as close as we were to upsetting some good teams while he was at UT. He would have been successful once we got through the probation. He is not here because Layla liked Rodeo Drive more than Kingston Pike! You run into different type people there.

The OP is right, but his thought process is like telling a rapist thanks for using a condom.

Kiffin will win a conference championship before UT does.

Had they not been on probation, it might have been this year...

Plus the Pac-12 is not near the conference the SEC is...It's going to be easier to win a championship there anyway...

Its funny how people forget that Kiffin got blew out by a 6-6 Arizona State team and a 5-7 Oregon State team

Well, the ASU game was in the midst of a 5-1 start for them...I'm guessing the OSU game was last year??...They did beat both of the teams playing in the Pac-whatever title game this weekend...And he has 7 players on the 1st team all-conference which most of anyone in the league and has both the freshman offensive and defensive players of the year...Looks to me he is getting it done over there...

Well, the ASU game was in the midst of a 5-1 start for them...I'm guessing the OSU game was last year??...They did beat both of the teams playing in the Pac-whatever title game this weekend...And he has 7 players on the 1st team all-conference which most of anyone in the league and has both the freshman offensive and defensive players of the year...Looks to me he is getting it done over there...

Check out their wins boss, thier best win was against Missouri, which ended with a losing record, and they lost to Illinois. Not that impressive. Not to mention, that one of the teams is 6-6 UCLA in the championship game.

The whole Pac-12 is extremely down. USC is easily the most talented team in the conference. They have a top 5 pick and a top 15 pick.

Lets see how good that team is without Robert Woods and Matt Barkley. Woods has single-handily won a lot of games for them.

Mike Shula won 10 games one year with a lot harder schedule than Kiffin had, that didn't make him a great coach. Just because Kiffin easily has the most talented team in the PAC-12 and is doing what USC should be doing does not mean anything.

Kiffin has one quality win this year and that is against Oregon, the team LSU destroyed

Check out their wins boss, thier best win was against Missouri, which ended with a losing record, and they lost to Illinois. Not that impressive. Not to mention, that one of the teams is 6-6 UCLA in the championship game.

The whole Pac-12 is extremely down. USC is easily the most talented team in the conference. They have a top 5 pick and a top 15 pick.

Lets see how good that team is without Robert Woods and Matt Barkley. Woods has single-handily won a lot of games for them.

Mike Shula won 10 games one year with a lot harder schedule than Kiffin had, that didn't make him a great coach. Just because Kiffin easily has the most talented team in the PAC-12 and is doing what USC should be doing does not mean anything.

Kiffin has one quality win this year and that is against Oregon, the team LSU destroyed

I consider a win over Notre Dame ANY YEAR, to be a quality win. Even if they are down, we have always enjoyed beating them.

We have gone over this several times.

Coaching: Kiffin > Dooley
Character: Dooley > Kiffin
W-L : Kiffin > Dooley
Total package including staff: Kiffin >> Dooley

Fashion: Dooley > Kiffin

With the recruits anyone could get at USC, I could look like a good coach. I do think he can coach though, as close as we were to upsetting some good teams while he was at UT. He would have been successful once we got through the probation. He is not here because Layla liked Rodeo Drive more than Kingston Pike! You run into different type people there.

What he had to work with at USC is better the CDD has here for sure. Barkely and Kalil are top 5 picks if they come out and Woods would be top 10 if he was a JR.

* = redshirt
D
STRONGSIDE END - Wes Horton JR* - 4 star
NOSE TACKLE - Christian Tupou, SR* - 4 star
TACKLE - DaJohn Harris, SR* - 4 star
WEAKSIDE END *- Nick Perry, JR* - 4 star
SAM - Marquis Simmons, SO* - 4 star
MIKE -Chris Galippo, SR - 5 star
WILL - Hayes Pullard, FR* - 4 star
STRONG SAFETY - Jawanza Starling, JR – 4 star
FREE SAFETY - T.J. McDonald, JR – 5 star
CORNERBACK - Tony Burnett, JR*
CORNERBACK - Nickell Robey, SO – 4 star
O
Left Tackle - Matt Kalil, JR* – 5 star
Left Guard - Abe Markowitz, JR*
Center - Khaled Holmes, JR* - 4 star
Right Guard - John Martinez, SO* – 4 star
Right Tackle -Kevin Graf, SO* – 4 star
Tight End - Xavier Grimble, FR*
Split End - Brandon Carswell, SR*
Marqise Lee, FR – 4 star
Flanker - Robert Woods, SO – 5 star
Quarterback -Matt Barkley, 6-2, JR – 5 star
Tailback - D.J. Morgan – 4 star
Fullback/H-Back -Rhett Ellison, SR* - 3 star

Why should notre dame be considered a quality win?

Tradition. You must be a young guy. Anyone over the age of 40 considers ANY win over Notre Dame to be a quality victory. They were a big big dog for about fifty years there. I don't remember the details, but USC also went to a Big 10 team's home stadium and won.

Don't kid yourself. We had exactly what we wanted. But those are the breaks. There are more fish in the sea. We just got to get out there and find us a young hottie. I like that Southern Miss guy. The line will be forming at his door. We might as well grab him if you ask me...

How does kiffin win coaching? I proved my point, prove yours

He calls the offensive plays for the teams he coaches. That alone makes him a better coach. He is a better motivator than Dooley. He made Crompton into a better player in less than a year. Thats just 3 obvious things. I did not see your post so I dont know your point. You can enlighten me though.

Last edited:
Oh really?

he did just like dooley,he beat who he was suppose to beat except Ky and lost when he was suppose to.then he won at oregon.what else has he done?
if you think Kiffin wouldnt of had major sanctions against Tn then so be it.But he sure wouldnt be worth the chance to find out.
wait until Kiffins scholarship reduction kicks in and see how he does.

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

Right about everything but the probation thing. Nothing would have been different except for the secondary violations added under Dooley. Same self-imposed sanctions would be in place.

Larry Fedora plays against Kevin Sumlin os this upcoming Saturday. I vote to pre-announce that the winner of that game will be the new head coach at the University of Tennessee!!!

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

Not true...Gen Neyland couldn't win with this rag-tag group. Amazing how talent on the field can make any coach look like a genius. Like it or not, he had significantly more talent during his one year stay than Dooley had this year. Not a significant difference in the end result (we beat UK that year).

Give Kitten 3 years and see how great a coach he is (after his roster is depleted). Do agree he knows his Xs and Os.

Tradition. You must be a young guy. Anyone over the age of 40 considers ANY win over Notre Dame to be a quality victory. They were a big big dog for about fifty years there. I don't remember the details, but USC also went to a Big 10 team's home stadium and won.

Don't kid yourself. We had exactly what we wanted. But those are the breaks. There are more fish in the sea. We just got to get out there and find us a young hottie. I like that Southern Miss guy. The line will be forming at his door. We might as well grab him if you ask me...
I guess all the wins against us and michigan are quality wins

I guess all the wins against us and michigan are quality wins

Yeah, when Oregon came into Knoxville and thumped us last year, I guarentee you that their fan base counted that as a quality win. And yes, our one meeting with Michigan was against a good but not great Michigan team and we blew them off the field. Yes, that was a quality win for me because of the tradition. Would not have been nearly as enjoyable against a higher ranked team with less of a tradition..say Boise State for example.

VN Store

Back