KHI Rumor

Burhead

God-Emperor of Politics
Just saw some rumors saying KHI will down size the truck program from three to one and let Ron Hornaday go. Also another rumor says they may leave the truck series altogether. What I don't understand is why? They are competitive so it doesn't make sense. Unless they might be looking to expand in the Nationwide program or launch a Cup program?

Expansion in the Nationwide series for Austin Dillon seems like a real possibility unless he ends the revolving door that is the 33 and makes that Dillon's full time ride.

Expansion in the Nationwide series for Austin Dillon seems like a real possibility unless he ends the revolving door that is the 33 and makes that Dillon's full time ride.

Maybe I'd imagine Richard would want Austin to run under the RCR banner instead of with another team. I don't think fans would like seeing the #3 ran by any other teams either.

Put Sadler in one of the KHI trucks full time. Maybe he can win there. Maybe.

Put Sadler in one of the KHI trucks full time. Maybe he can win there. Maybe.

I'm quite willing to bet he wins the Nationwide championship this year, he'd definitely win the truck series championship easily.

When is he going to win a race?

Which is more important? Winning a race or winning the championship? If I had to pick I'd rather go win less but still win the championship because that's a bigger accomplishment.

How big of a joke would that be? Sadly, it's a definite possibility in the Nationwide Series with Cup guys winning races and getting no points.

How big of a joke would that be? Sadly, it's a definite possibility in the Nationwide Series with Cup guys winning races and getting no points.

Well getting consistent top five and ten finishes is more important, in my opinion, than winning a race or two here and there. Still I like his chances this weekend, he is usually good at Bristol winning there in both Cup and Nationwide.

Maybe I'd imagine Richard would want Austin to run under the RCR banner instead of with another team. I don't think fans would like seeing the #3 ran by any other teams either.

I thought KHI was pretty much Childress in disguise anyway.

I thought KHI was pretty much Childress in disguise anyway.

They are closely aligned but RCR runs its own truck team and until this year had its own Nationwide team, the NNS team was merged with KHI's. They both use ECR motors and if I'm not mistaken KHI builds the chassis for RCR's truck program I believe, as they do for other teams.

They are basically doing this to help out Childress in the Nationwide Series. I can understand the Hornaday rumor, but Ron let Harvick live at his house when Kevin was trying to get into Nascar. It will be a tough call for both, if it happens.

They are basically doing this to help out Childress in the Nationwide Series. I can understand the Hornaday rumor, but Ron let Harvick live at his house when Kevin was trying to get into Nascar. It will be a tough call for both, if it happens.

seriously doubt it's personal. racing is a business.

VN Store

Back