Key Gators linebacker reportedly out for the year

Tough loss for Florida, team Captain and veteran SEC Linebacker. Fortunately for UF there is some decent depth there; Jeremiah Moon, Amari Burney and Mohamoud Diabate are all vets and all capable of playing inside LB. They also have promising youngsters in Tyron Hopper and 5-star Derek Wingo.

Wingo has been a 5* disappointment so far.

I'm trying to imagine a pretty Gator face would look like? Never seen one.[/QUOTE
It’s long. You’ll know it when you see it, and you’ll say, “Dang, that’s pretty!”
Just watch Saturday and you’ll see it. Get back to me.

I can agree with you on that. But also he prolly throws a better ball down the field than both QB’s we have on roster. But I also think Hooker is our best chance to win now with his play making ability with his legs and by far a better passer than Milton.

this is the real conversation CJH has to have with the offensive staff,

do we play to win now or do we stick with project for the rest of the year?

I say play to win now with the guy that gives you the best chance to win and has been productive -

HH is seemingly the guy that helps to win now.

Personally the way both states of Florida and Tennessee make national news for covid. I am bracing for players being ineligible.

You really, reaaaaalllly need to stop paying attention to “national news.” The fact that you are paying attention to national news explains the misguided take.

What part of "last season" do you not comprehend in your own post? Has he progressed? Gained confidence? Matured? We have no idea.
Reaffirming the reason he hasn’t for all the HB chest thumpers that think Heupel has no clue about coaching QBs. He is 3rd because that is the spot right now this staff have him by his practices. Those on here making claims he didn’t recruit Bailey so that’s why he’s not getting to play is stupid. He recruited Maurer and had him below Bailey…so what type of logic is that?

I’ll say this about the offense so far, even with a third string QB, it had moments of real hummin’. If we get 28 points, one of those big boys is gonna lay an egg one day and score 17. That’s our first upset. Will it be the gators, I hope so. I love seeing gators cry, nobody cries like gators, they do it so well, and so often. Really when you think about you’re talking about the 4/5 team in the SEC, they do plenty of losing. Will it be this year, I don’t know, unlikely. My guess, is the Dawgs. If we have enough players on scholarship that late in the season. Remember we’re just a handful of injuries away from getting absolutely torched by a moderately good high school team by the end of the season. We are THIN….

Even the year they lost to Georgia Southern, 2013, and went 4-8 they beat us. It’s (Gators vs VOLS) turned into a Tennessee vs Vandy style rivalry except Florida is Tennessee and we are Vandy. When we are down we still stomp Vandy, when Florida is down they still stomp us.

VN Store

Back