Kevin Punter has committed!!

Gonna be a while before we know who who is on our team. We have added Punter and McGhee looks like we are losing Thompson and AJ Davis. So we still have 6 scholarships to give. One will go to Carmichael need Suarez to come on down as well.

Don't we have seven to give (Barton, Stokes, Maymon, McRae, Edwards, Davis, and Thompson) but now five with the two signees?

Vols should be ok. The loss of Davis and Thompson ok. Hope Hubbs stays. In next few weeks I think Vols will have 5 or 6 new commits including Cofer. the new players will fit the new coach's style....off with the old, on with the new... I think the new signee group will be better than Martin's signees.....

Thanks guys. I thought you meant 6 total, not six left after the two new guys. So we really are looking at 8 new scholarship players next year assuming CDT chooses to use them all for this year.

Thanks guys. I thought you meant 6 total, not six left after the two new guys. So we really are looking at 8 new scholarship players next year assuming CDT chooses to use them all for this year.

Seems the only ones for sure back are Richardson, Moore, Reese and Pops...and even that could change.

So theoretically they could bring in 9, but not sure how plausible that really is.

Seems the only ones for sure back are Richardson, Moore, Reese and Pops...and even that could change.

So theoretically they could bring in 9, but not sure how plausible that really is.

Has there been any more word on Chievous since it was first rumored he might stay? I'm not overly excited about him but at this point just having enough warm bodies starts becoming important.

Has there been any more word on Chievous since it was first rumored he might stay? I'm not overly excited about him but at this point just having enough warm bodies starts becoming important.

Haven't seen or heard anything. Last I saw was he was gonna stay through summer for workouts and see what the outlook was and then make a decision.

Just a guess but if you see roster fill up I would guess he goes, if you see Tyndall have trouble filling the spots and has a need for a 3/4 he likely stays.

Haven't seen or heard anything. Last I saw was he was gonna stay through summer for workouts and see what the outlook was and then make a decision.

Just a guess but if you see roster fill up I would guess he goes, if you see Tyndall have trouble filling the spots and has a need for a 3/4 he likely stays.
I still don't see Chievous as a 4. He might be able to help at the wing but he is not built to play long term in the post. However if there are only 8 or 9 guys on scholarship, I agree CDT will probably take what he can get.

I still don't see Chievous as a 4. He might be able to help at the wing but he is not built to play long term in the post. However if there are only 8 or 9 guys on scholarship, I agree CDT will probably take what he can get.

Dane Bradhshaw was much smaller and managed to play minutes at the 4 in a pressing system.

Dane Bradhshaw was much smaller and managed to play minutes at the 4 in a pressing system.

I don't think you can compare Tyndall's defensive philosophy to Pearls. Pearl pressed to create chaos and open floor basketball. Tyndall presses for other reasons. Pearl was willing to swap Bradshaws positives on offense for his shortcomings on defense. If Chievous has any similar upsides on offense he sure has hid them well.

Pretty sure we had Dane on Odom one game. Then again, we blew a 20 point lead that game.

If Bradshaw was guarding Odom it was on a switch. Only Wayne had any real success against Odom in either of those 2 games that season.

If Bradshaw was guarding Odom it was on a switch. Only Wayne had any real success against Odom in either of those 2 games that season.

I seem to remember Bradshaw logging minutes at the 4 spot, so probably so. Or maybe my memory is fuzzy or just too many beers since then. I do remember that he guarded him, but perhaps it was just on the switch. Either way, about the only way for Dane to do ANY good on the defensive side in that situation was to attack the dribble.

I don't think you can compare Tyndall's defensive philosophy to Pearls. Pearl pressed to create chaos and open floor basketball. Tyndall presses for other reasons. Pearl was willing to swap Bradshaws positives on offense for his shortcomings on defense. If Chievous has any similar upsides on offense he sure has hid them well.

Bradshaws positives on offense? Are we referring to the same Bradshaw?

LOL. That's what I was thinking. I think Zan mixed up the positive and negative sides. Dane would jack 3s from the wrong zip code. Did some good stuff on the defensive end, though.

Bradshaw handled the ball well and did kick out quite a bit to Lofton and Smith after taking his man. That's about the extent of his offense but he knew his strengths. Penetrate, kick, then try and get the rebound. Played the ball really well off the rim with his ability to see where the ball was going and going to get it.

Yes. Bradshaw did many good things on offense. Why else was he on the floor? It wasn't because he was a shut down defender. I swear at times I think you just set out to argue with everyone.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back