Kevin Newsome

kkep48

PirateVol
Kevin Newsome - Football Recruiting

Will be one of the top QB's sought after next year. I read an article in the latest Sports Illustrated about dual-threat QB's and it listed him. Also said he recently entertained CPF for a visit. With our new coaches' ties to Virginia, hopefully we have a shot with him.

he is an extreme talent but is a pretty raw. He will need a year or 2 of development in his techniques but has the most upside of any qb prospect.

Well, were not listed in his 10 interests now...Although it's early, hopefully we can sneak in

Dont worry about looking at who their interests are. That'll change 100 times by april. The serious contenders should start emerging in the summertime and most of it is based off who has offered him at this point.

in the new article on vq he is very intrested in us and is good friends with jeron stokes and is trying to make a decision in august... what do yall think i say we hav as a good a chance as anyone at this point

Stokes name just continues to pop up on the recruiting trail. Is he friends with everyone?

But anyway let it be known that I absolutely love Newsome. Amazing athlete, incredible arm, great pocket presence, and seems like a really bright kid. I mean seriously, throwing 60 yard bombs right on the money while he's on the run is flat out ridiculous.

I've been following Newsome for awhile. As for schools, he seems very high on Michigan, especially since they lost out on the Pryor saga and are looking for a dual threat QB to take over their spread. And while Newsome certainly has enough talent throwing wise to be considered a pro-style (which he's listed as on rivals) his athleticism is too much to ignore. He also seems to have a lot of interest in Miami and says he was a big fan of them growing up, they have yet to offer and they are probably running out of time. I think we are definitely right up there with everyone else on his list. It will be a close race.

And his father is the one really pushing him to decide by August so expect that to get done. Newsome was originally thinking of waiting til the Army All American game but his father didn't approve.

But he's a humble kid and is a team first guy. A really good kid. Class president so you know he's a great leader. Does my mancrush show through?

As for leaders' for his service, IMO it would be Virginia Tech (he was once rumored to be a silent verbal to the Hokies), Michigan, Penn St., and with us being slightly behind those (though Stokes may help with this).

Rivals has him as a Pro Style QB. With his speed he might just be what we've been missing. I'm not saying I want the spread, but look at the last DT QB we had that started the whole season.

Well the good thing about him is that he's more than good enough passing wise to not be a spread QB. He draws a lot of comparisons to Tee Martin IMO, but hopefully better.

Anyone know if we've actually offered him. I'm looking at the offers list on Rivals right now and don't see him on there which worries me.

yes we have offered him...but this just another instance of many in which we are late to the party (see savage, baker, muarry) if we're going to have any shot with these top notch players we have to get in on them very early...

Newsome is just a dream guys...he's a hokie

yes we have offered him...but this just another instance of many in which we are late to the party (see savage, baker, muarry) if we're going to have any shot with these top notch players we have to get in on them very early...

Well you may be right in the end. Top Notch QBs are dropping off the board quickly. First Savage, now Murray. If we want to sign a QB with top talent this class, time is running out. I want to see Newsome sign with us more than anyone though.

it looks like we're going to take a top notch QB or no QB at all. Newsome IS THE LIST, right now but we have an impossible amount of ground to make up with him. maybe getting in late is some kind of wierd strategy being used by the coaching staff...it sure isn't working.

I'd be surprised if newsome gives much more than a passing glance. hey I hope I'm wrong but we're way, way behind and really the only thing we have going for us with newsome is his relationship with stokes. Stokes also had a relationship with savage and that got us nothing

Chesapeake (Va.) Western Branch quarterback Kevin Newsome found the place he loved on his unofficial visit to Ann Arbor to check out the Michigan Wolverines last weekend. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder decided there was no better time than now to make a commitment to his favorite school.

Chesapeake (Va.) Western Branch quarterback Kevin Newsome found the place he loved on his unofficial visit to Ann Arbor to check out the Michigan Wolverines last weekend. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder decided there was no better time than now to make a commitment to his favorite school.

:sick:

from Mike Farrell...

So who will become a player for Newsome now that he's no longer committed? You can bet Virginia Tech will be a major player, and other schools I've heard mentioned include Tennessee, Penn State and Boston College. Newsome was interested in North Carolina early in the process, but the Heels are happy with Elite 11 quarterback Bryn Renner. Since distance was one factor for Newsome with Michigan, don't expect too many programs west of Ann Arbor to have much of a chance.

i would take this guy in a heart beat. we got time to develop him if needed, i really like this kid

VN Store

Back